Looking for something?

Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Disney clothes for the Cabbage Patch

I'm gonna start this post with some news, something that we're trying to keep under wraps here in Malden, but nothing shameful or anything like that.  Mama and I are paying utilities on four houses:  hers, mine, Uncle Man-Child's, and the house that we lived in when I was a kid.  We call that one the "rent house" now because Grandma rented it out for awhile after we left it.  One set of renters did a number on the house, but I digress.  This past month the utilities on two of the houses were outrageous, so Mama and I came to the decision to move back to the rent house after renovating our own houses.  True, we're paying for renovations and all that, but after we get rid of 'em we don't have to make house payments!  The rent house is long paid off.  Truth be told, I never really wanted to leave it in the first place.  But we've still gotta get our current houses renovated so that we can sell/rent them, and we need to get my new shed moved, and a new fence built around the rent place...oh my, there's A LOT to do.  Things are gonna get crazy, and they're gonna STAY crazy for a long time.  

Since the rent house is a lot smaller than my current one, and since I'll be sharing the space with my mother, her pets (three dogs and two cats), and my own pets (two birds, two dogs, and...sigh, eight cats), I'll have to get rid of some of my dolls.  I'm sending Molly and Samantha to my sister's sister-in-law for her two oldest girls, and I plan on giving Nancy to a friend's little girl, and Julie's going...gee, do any of y'all want a beat-up Julie Albright doll???  It'll be awhile before everything is ready, but if any of y'all want Julie, you can have her (first come, first serve).  I don't plan on asking for much for her (shipping and handling, most likely), and I'll include that Lilly Pulitzer dress that she modelled.  But anyway, since the rest of my life is going to be so nutty, things may slow down a bit here on the blog.  I'm just not gonna have the time.  

Now...that said, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, and Treesa sent my Cabbage Patch Kids these!

Treesa asked me if I had any preference of character, and I didn't and still don't (LOL).  So Treesa made a theme of it, with Belle and Tinkerbelle.  Leslie Emily will be my guinea pig today, for she is small-bodied and loves pink.

Leslie's presence in Uncle Man-Child's front room provided an opportunity for him to be obnoxious, of course.  I make a point of speaking to him as little as possible, but he just HAD to know everything about Leslie.  Like he cares; he'll have forgotten it all tomorrow.  Geez, the sooner Mama and I get outta here the better.  ANYWAY, these little Disney sets consist of a little blouse and a diaper.  They thus would make good outerwear OR good undergarments.  Here's how Leslie looks in these sets; they both fit her well and look cute on her.

I like the Belle-themed set best on Leslie Emily, but they're both super cute and will serve her well when it's hot again.  When I root Taniyah Yasmin out of Storage Hell she can have the Tinkerbelle set, because that green will look adorable with her cabbage swaddle.  Remember that those Surprise Newborns came wrapped in those.

Also tucked in behind the diapers are these surprise charms that remind me a little of the Lalaloopsy Diaper Surprise charms.  Notice that good ol' Lumiere is one of the charms.

These are...I think they're meant to be for the little girls who own the doll wearing the outfit, but those rings are too little for even the tiniest human wrist.  Leslie reminded me that her hands and wrists squish, so I managed to get one of the rings on her.

Kinda cute, and that heart matches Leslie's meet dress.  Yeah, it's still kinda chilly here in the Bootheel at times, so Leslie's wearing her dress over her new undergarments, but when summer does come these'll be great.

Oh yeah, Treesa also sent me a Bratz paper doll (good ol' Cloe) and a Flavas jacket, which I forgot to photograph but love.  P. Bo has been hoping for some new threads.  Flavas don't share a body with your everyday Barbie, so they're kinda hard to dress.  

Recently I befriended a fellow Cabbie fan (she calls us Cabbie fans "cabbage heads"), and she spoke of having to "make do" when she started collecting her dolls.  She utilized Build-a-Bear clothes, which came in handy for her dolls' slumber parties, or football games, or for cosplay sessions (one of her dolls is the Twelfth Doctor, LOL).  To that I say, do what works!  If you find something that fits your Cabbie, who cares who it belongs to!  Now truth be told, I've never dressed my Cabbies in Build-a-Bear garb, but it's nice to know I could.  As for these Jakks Pacific sets, I freaking love them and I'm gonna look for the other two sets now (I think the other sets were Ariel and Snow White).  Thank you once again, Treesa!  You always go above and beyond for me and I appreciate it.

Now to find out if Poppy Elizabeth can wear clothes sized for TRU Cabbies.  For some reason, the TRU dolls are HUGE.

Love,
RagingMoon1987

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that the My Disney Nursery Packs fit Leslie Emily well. I was hoping they would, since both Leslie and the Dress-Up Packs were made by Jakks Pacific. I believe the rings on the surprise charms are meant to be clipped onto a bag or backpack, like a purse charm. By the way, the other two My Disney Nursery Packs in this series are Ariel and Minnie Mouse. I figured this information might help with your search terms to track them down.
    Also, since you're talking about moving and downsizing, are you still interested in the other item that I was going to send you? I would feel really bad saddling you with stuff you don't have room for and/or don't really want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way, I still want Lucey Dena. She can be my last hurrah for awhile.

      Delete