Looking for something?

Saturday, March 16, 2024

Blythe buttons?

Yep, you read that right.  Blythe buttons.  I'm not sure if Jaylin's smile shows mild delight or mild contempt.
Etsy shop is dollface, and the proprietor gave all three of the pictured dolls names.  This blonde girl with Amy Winehouse makeup is named Trixie Mattel, possibly because she's Barbie pink...or just for the helluvit.  Update:  Tam informed me that Trixie Mattel is a real-life drag queen!  With that doll's makeup, I ought to have known.  Most of the drag queens I've known (yes, I've known a few) liked to put the makeup on heavy.  Thanks, Tam!  I had no idea.
This one is fittingly named Vega the Martian.  She certainly doesn't look like the Martians that Ray Bradbury envisioned, but...oh well!  She plays the part well in my eyes.
The most normal-looking one of the trio is Midori.  "Midori" means "green" in Japanese, and long, long ago I reviewed a doll named Midori.
Blythe is trippy enuff without a lot of paint or bright wigs, but these are SUPER trippy!  Right up my alley, in other words, as I like my accessories a little or a lot off-beat.

dollface specializes in Blythe-themed items like stickers, ribbon, and my pins, and she also offers eye chips and a few clothing items for Blythe herself.  So if you own and/or love Blythe the shop is worth a looksie.  I already promised Jaylin I'd get her a shirt from there.

Butterfly kisses,
RagingMoon1987 

6 comments:

  1. Trixie Mattel is a drag queen who wears make up like that. Google her and see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I see! I ought to have known; that makeup looked kinda drag queenish.

      Delete
  2. I forget, do you have any of the Blythe 'hearts' Littlest Pet Shop mini dolls that Hasbro put out at one time?
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. The ladybug was my favorite, but I never saw one with straight eyes. At least not in our local stores.

      Delete
    2. Huh, I thought the Blythe mini dolls were supposed to have side-glancing eyes on purpose. I didn't know Hasbro made a ladybug one. I couldn't remember if you had any dolls from this line or not, but I know that Emily at The Toy Box Philosopher reviewed the line early on, so I thought you might.
      Signed, Treesa

      Delete
    3. Yeah, they were supposed to have side-glancing eyes. My issue was one doll would have an eye looking up and the other looking down, and another would be tragically walleyed. Stuff like that. But yeah, I saw Emily's dolls and thought they were cute.

      Delete