Looking for something?

Monday, April 3, 2023

The contents of the go-go bag

The weather is predicted to get violent again tomorrow, so I will once again spend the day with my boots laced and my purse and Rita Cheryl's go-go bag at the ready.  Since I need to kill time between now and the next review (not scheduled until the end of the month) I figured I'd run over what I keep in the go-go bag.  There's a surprising amount of stuff, LOL.  First there's Gabby, Rita Cheryl's doll.  Her book is packed too...somewhere. 
A My Life backpack, made out of fidget vinyl.  Rita Cheryl carries a few polished rocks and a small bouncy ball in there.
Zoe Barber is a Harry Potter fan, and Rita Cheryl has this wand for her birthday.  I guess if Zoe blows away Rita Cheryl will keep it.
Marina Gutierrez's radio, which Marina is generously loaning out.  Gotta get weather reports, after all!
Then there's clothes.  When I was little I'd pack a change of clothes when the weather got bad.  Now I don't care so much about myself ( I can always find new stuff), but I like to relive this childhood habit with Rita Cheryl.  To start things off I've got her colorblock crop top, which she wears a lot...
...and her new customized T-shirt, which she's worn a few times already. 
In addition to the old, I packed two new tops that Rita Cheryl hasn't worn yet.  The first is this orange peasant blouse.  It's got polka dots!
The other new top is this one, which I'm holding onto for summer.  It's crocheted and doesn't cover much, but I won't let that bother me. 
Over that she'll wear this black lace kimono-style jacket.  I don't love how stiff the lace is, but then I'm not the one wearing it.
Then there's bottoms.  I currently have Rita Cheryl in a skirt, but she prefers blue jeans.  This pair is so new that she hasn't worn them yet.  I plan to match those with the orange peasant blouse and the red crocheted top.
The other jeans are Rita Cheryl's beloved mom jeans.  Seriously, Etsy called them that.  Rita Cheryl calls them comfortable. 
A couple'a pairs of shoes, in this case Rita Cheryl's favorite blue clogs, and her light-up knock-off Chucks that match her personalized T-shirt. 
The tie-dyed jacket.  Rita Cheryl lives in this thing during winter.
And lastly, some finishing do-dads (hair ribbons and buttons in this case).
I was surprised that the bottom part of that bag could swallow so much stuff, but when properly folded, a lot of clothes can go in.  Add to all that Rita Cheryl herself, and the items she's wearing.
The Shinedown shirt, the aforementioned plaid skirt, and a pair of Doc Martin-style boots with red socks.  She also is now wearing a fidget toy on her wrist (this picture was taken before that).  Luciana collects fidget toys, and when she got three of the same toy she used the two extras as friendship bracelets for herself and Rita Cheryl.  

And with that, hopefully Rita Cheryl is ready for whatever may come, be it tornado or train derailment or nuclear catastrophe.  I too have some odds and ends packed just in case, and we're...well, we're as ready as we'll ever be.  Maybe we'll dodge the bullet, like we thankfully did on Friday.  Cross your fingers and say a prayer, and if you're in the warned area make sure you're ready too.

Cheers,
RagingMoon1987 

2 comments:

  1. I pray that you stay safe as well. I think just about everybody in this country should have a go bag. Up here, when traveling distances in winter, everybody should have something similar to a go bag in the car, with blankets, water, snacks, and kitty litter for traction. While tornadoes are rare up here, we do get bad storms that might knock out power for several days. The last time this happened, we picked up a small generator, to at least keep the freezer stuff from going bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom and I have started dabbling in prepping, though that will do no good if the tornado blows down the house. We're thinking about options for a middle-of-the-road generator in case of ice in the winter. Right now all I can do is pray that we never need our go stuff.

      Delete