Looking for something?

Sunday, February 26, 2023

Sunday randomness: Amelia gets Gorjuss

Another post inspired by something of Miss Emily's, though I've not yet bought another doll.  Yet.  Operative word.  Anyway, if you read her recent post on one of Paola Reina's Gorjuss dolls then you may recognize the artwork on Amelia's blouse.
Step back now, Amelia, and let's see the whole shebang.
The Gorjuss dolls are based on the artwork of Santoro London, artwork that can be interpreted as cute, creepy, or a combination of both.  The art usually depicts little girls with round heads and faces that have only eyes, kinda like Hello Kitty, or like Funko Pop! figures if you're into that thing (I've got a buddy that collects those).  I personally think the Santoro girls are cute in a gothic sort of way.  They all have names or titles, with Amelia's girl being "Little Song."  Notice that she's listening to an iPod or some similar device.
The girls in the art have since appeared as little figurines, and also as rag dolls and vinyl dolls like the one Miss Emily has.  The figurines are scented, so I'll probably go without those as scented things sometimes make me sneeze.  But then again, Abigail Witch is scented, and she didn't even make me sniffle.
Since the vinyl Gorjuss dolls are from Paola Reina like Abigail they also are scented, and Miss Emily said she didn't like her doll's rosy scent as much as she liked the vanilla that perfumed Marta, Maia, and Amor.  Little Song doesn't have a doll in her likeness yet, and I have no idea what her figurine smelled like, so I can't issue my own opinions.  I'll just take one more cute picture of Amelia and let that be that.  Notice that my jonquils are up already. 
Ciao,
RagingMoon1987

8 comments:

  1. I think you should bring a Gorjuss girl home RM, if they smell like the PR Las Amigas you'll have no trouble with their scent. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I intend to get my own Gorjuss doll! I'm just dealing with the age-old problem of money right now.

      Delete
  2. I may be wrong, but I think I showed my little Gorjuss keyring figure, that I bought in Hull, on the blog. I got it because I wanted one of the dolls and they are too expensive. At least it's not scented, because I have a problem with smells. It's an alternative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take another looksie. I don't remember seeing it.

      Delete
  3. There were characters that looked similar to these in the 70s. Can't remember the name, but they didn't look creepy, at least not to me. I love Amelia's outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably those bug-eyed paintings that Susie Sad-Eyes was modelled after, LOL. No, they weren't creepy, just kinda goofy.

      Delete
    2. By chance, I found the artist whose work reminded me of these characters. Her name was Joan Walsh Anglund. Check her stuff out; it is very like Gorjuss characters.

      Delete