Looking for something?

Friday, February 10, 2023

An outtake from yesterday

Last year I was demanding the head of Punxsutawney Phil on a plate, but this year it looks like the rodent's forecast may be wrong.  A week after the library's parking lot (and my driveway) were sheets of ice, it's in the fifties and we've had a lot of rain.  Wednesday got the most of it, and that was when I caught this picture.
Mama and I were headed to work, with our usual pit stop at McDonald's, and I had not one but two of my kids with me.  Gabby was her usual chatty self, while Julia was content to do the listening.  Julia is patient and a good listener, and as such Gabby's stutter is almost nonexistent when these two are together.

In addition to the rain and the mild temperatures, the dandelions are starting to show.  This feller was out before the ice was fully gone!
They say that rats and cockroaches will repopulate the world if the nuke is dropped, and I predict that they'll thrive on dandelions and the plants that produce sticker burrs.  Seriously, I don't think Castle Bravo could wipe out sticker burrs.

Hugs and dandelions,
RagingMoon1987

No comments:

Post a Comment