Looking for something?

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

A shout-out to the Doll Peddlar

On Groundhog Day I got a chewing from my boss, so I rage-bought several things on eBay and Etsy.  In addition to several outrageous hair bows and a pair of earrings that look like bloody scissors, I captured two dolls.  Meet Lola and Logan, and I apologize for the terrible lighting. 

Logan is a Hopscotch Hill School doll and came from eBay (and Wisconsin), while Lola came from the Doll Peddlar.  I have shopped with the Doll Peddlar before, millions of years ago when I was a bit more active with my ball-jointed dolls.  My orange Hujoo's trippy Oscar Doll eyes came from there, for example.

Oh, it was hot, hot, hot the night that I took that picture of Ju-hwang.  The review went up in October, but the pictures were taken in July when it was...well, hot, hot, hot and the AC was broke, broke, broke.  I often wonder how Laura Ingalls Wilder and her family stood it when it was so cotton-pickin' hot, because they didn't have AC at all!  Stroll down Memory Lane over, I've done business with the Doll Peddlar before, but it had been awhile.  They were the only vendor I could find that carried in-box Lipstik dolls, a doll line that I vaguely remember from my teenage years.  I placed an order for Lola, the brunette Lipstik doll, and an extra outfit that incorporated a poncho, and I waited.  Little Rock isn't too far off, so I wasn't expecting a long wait.

Fast-forward to February seventh.  I had Logan in my hands (and at my work station, but don't tell anyone, LOL), but Lola was nowhere in sight.  About that time I received a very nice e-mail from the Doll Peddlar.  They did fortunately have Lola, but the cute poncho outfit was out of stock.  Minor bummer, since the poncho outfit was my favorite of those Lipstik outfits, but it couldn't be helped.  After a quick scan of the website I found and asked for another outfit, and I received another e-mail informing me that IT WAS IN STOCK!!!  Last Friday rolled around, and Lola arrived with the outfit in tow.  Here's what it looks like on Lola.
If that isn't good customer service then I don't know what is.  Not only was the lady behind the e-mails very polite, but she also got back to me quickly when I asked if the other outfit was available.  So if y'all at the Doll Peddlar read this, I thank y'all kindly for filling my order quickly and with a smile!  I'll definitely do business with y'all again.

And now, Lola and Logan are getting back inside.  On Groundhog Day we were having an ice storm, then the week after we had nothing but rain, then a quick cold snap, and now it's fixing to rain again!  I hope the winter wheat doesn't drown like it did in 2011.

Happy Valentine's Day,
RagingMoon1987

No comments:

Post a Comment