Looking for something?

Monday, October 3, 2022

Jaylin and the amazing technicolor bell-bottoms

It's been awhile since I did anything with my factory Blythe doll, so here's a post for Jaylin.  Y'all have probably forgotten the poor girl, so here's a reminder of what Jaylin looks like.
"Peek-a-boo!"

Her baggie of clothes is currently buried in storage, so I've been putting together a new wardrobe, one that can be combined with the old one to make a nice big clothing lot.  Kinda like what I've been doing for my American Girls, in other words.  I'm actually quite annoyed that I managed to misplace that stuff, especially the newspaper hat that I don't think I ever photographed Jaylin wearing.  Katsumi, my Morimura baby, got to wear the thing even though it didn't really suit her, but I never thought to take Jaylin's picture.  I DO know where Jaylin's fur hood is, so that's something.  In fact, the hood is kind of important, as it was that item that helped me determine a facet of Jaylin's personality.  While my favorite ball-jointed doll and most of my American Girls prefer warm weather, Jaylin is best suited to fall and winter.  It was November when I took this picture, for example.  I distinctly remember it being cold enuff that I could see my breath, LOL.
Yep, I still know where the hood is, but everything else Jaylin is wearing vanished into Storage Hell.  Oh well, that stuff is here somewhere...seriously, I never throw anything away, so I know it's here somewhere.  In the meantime, here's the new bell-bottoms...
...and here are the T-shirts (three of 'em, to be exact).  These came from Poland and Brazil, if y'all can believe that.
The Beatles shirt and the heart shirt both came from SweetBlytheStore (the crew from Brazil), and I thought they'd NEVER get here.  The smiling top came from MoniCraftsShop (the bunch from Poland).  Filledereve supplied the bell-bottoms.  Filledereve has some cute stuff, by the way, just about all of it in bright, splashy colors.  Anywho, since the green smiley face shirt arrived first I'll start with that.
Hmmmm...the slacks do have green stripes, but they're a totally different shade from the shirt.  IRL this combination looks okay, but in pictures the colors are darkened and they don't jive as well.  I also wish Jaylin had her newspaper hat, LOL.  For some reason I wish she had her hat for the Beatles shirt too, though I can't figure out why.

The shirt with the Fab Four looks better with those rainbow slacks than I thought it would.  It's hard to see, but all four of the Beatles are holding brightly colored umbrellas, and they appear to be sitting on wooden chairs or benches as well.  While the colors aren't perfect matches with the stripes on the slacks, they hold their own.  This combo is workable.  The next blouse...
...eh, not crazy about it.  I thought some of the colors might match, but none of them do.  This blouse might be better suited with a solid skirt or pair of pants.

I've also got Jaylin's old space cat shirt (I've started calling the cat Doctor Mew, LOL).  Jaylin has already spent...I think two years in this thing, so what's a few more minutes???
Since the shirt has rainbow hems it might look good with the new bell-bottoms...
...or not.  Jaylin's not feelin' it, and I'm not either.  Doctor Mew is rainbow-colored, but his colors are more subdued than the stripes on the pants.  Besides, I prefer the denim jeans with the cat shirt because cats, that's why.  The jeans have a cat too.  See?
I try to let my dolls develop their own little personalities (like inanimate objects can do such a thing, LOL), but almost all of them like cats and/or like the color green.  Oh, and almost all of them are fans of at least one classic rock band, as Jaylin's Beatles shirt attests.  Ringo's her man!
In addition to the goofy slacks and the T-shirts Jaylin has her new dress and a nice cable-knitted hat for when it's not cool enuff for the fur hood.  The dress is sized for a RealFee doll, but Jaylin can wear it just fine (meaning that by default Licca-chan can wear it too).
The hat came with two pairs of socks, which I wasn't expecting but appreciate greatly.  Now Jaylin has something witty to wear on her feet when she wears that polka-dotted dress.
Of course when one buys a ton of stuff at once there are swings and misses.  This next outfit is an example of that.  The Etsy store does offer Neo Blythe-sized stuff, and I thought this overalls set was one of those things.  I was wrong; it proved to be WAYYY too tight and too short for Jaylin.  Indeed, the Etsy shop shows it modelled on a small doll, so the joke's on me for not paying better attention.  But...lemonade from lemons!  The tiny outfit is a comfy fit for my Wishel, Wozzeck.
Worked out pretty well!  Now I have a better idea of what Wishels can wear.  

Having fooled around with Jaylin and her clothes, I understand why Gina Garan wanted to use her old Blythe doll as a photography subject!  Too bad I don't have the patience or the equipment to do what she did.  Oh, and I just learned that she used a Susie Sad-Eyes doll for a similar photography project.  Ah, Susie Sad-Eyes...not as bizarre as Blythe or Little Miss No-Name, but strange enuff.  Strange enuff that I may or may not own one.
Stay tuned.

Hugs and ice cream (seriously, GIMME SOME!!!),
RagingMoon1987

3 comments:

  1. I love your Blythe! I have just one, an imitation, I think, but like yours, she has the shorter hair (not in that cool blue combo!), and I think she is adorable! I really love that Beatles shirt--I might have to investigate that shop. I have thus far stayed off of Etsy, because I simply cannot be trusted. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, Etsy is like Hallmark movies; once you start, you can't pull away. That being said, it's a wonderful place to go if you want to dress your Blythe up in cute stuff. Does your Blythe doll have a name?

      Delete
    2. LOL! Just Blythe. So creative. ;-)

      Delete