Looking for something?

Thursday, August 25, 2022

AG Spotlight: Zoe Barber

Ey laba (hey there)!  I just celebrated my first adoptaversary.

FULL NAME:  Zoe Elise Barber

NICKNAME:  My friends call me "Skylark" because I love birds and singing, and because I like the Sarah, Plain and Tall series

WHERE I GOT MY NAME:  The Moon Girl says I just looked like a Zoe.  "Elise" is one of her cousins.

BIRTHDAY:  May 19th

JUST LIKE YOU NUMBER:  #26

HOMETOWN:  Westwego, Louisiana 

HEAD MOLD:  Addy

HAIR COLOR:  Medium brown

EYE COLOR:  Medium brown

FAVORITE COLORS:  Medium brow...I mean purple and yellow.  Long live Louisiana State University!

THINGS I LIKE:  Jesus, cheerleading, wearing nice new clothes, falconry, summertime, hair do-dads, my doll (Cecile Rey), juvenile lit (Sarah, Plain and Tall is my favorite kiddie book, as I said above), knowing a language none of my friends speak (I speak Louisiana Creole, and I've thrown in a few short phrases), Egyptian mythology, Cajun food, LSU football, flamingos and birds in general, Tinkerbelle and fairies in general, Licorice the cat, music.  MUSIC!!!  I love to sing!

THINGS I DISLIKE:  Hitting bad note when I sing, tight shoes, super-loud thunder, conflict, stage fright, having my hair fooled with (unless I really trust the person doing it; Silver Bird doesn't like it PERIOD), not being able to fly, licorice the candy (blah)

MY CHOICE OF MUSIC:  Anything I can sing to, but Stevie Wonder's "Uptight (Everything's Alright)" is my favorite song.  I still can't believe Stevie was fifteen when he made that into a hit.

PET:  Licorice, a longhaired tuxedo cat, and Geddy, a snowy owl.  Geddy is away at the moment, so y'all can only see Licorice.

Using a snowy owl for falconry purposes is one of the dumbest things I've ever done.  They do make good falconry birds, but not as far south as I am.  And in Louisiana, forget it!  To properly use a snowy owl for falconry you have to be on their turf.

BEST FRIENDS:  Justine-Marie and Sadie because they like to play "dress-up," and my fellow members of the Four-Eyed Freaks.  

SOMEONE I'D RATHER AVOID:  I get along with everyone pretty well.  Doremi can be difficult at times, but we get along.

HOW I CAME HERE:  I came from eBay, as many of my friends did.

ABOUT ME:  Some of my friends have baggage, so I try to be warm, outgoing, and polite to everyone, just as I want them to be to me.  While many of my friends like to play music or dance, I prefer to sing.  Indeed, singing is my favorite pastime.  Besides "Uptight," my favorite songs to sing are "Think," "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot," and "You Are My Sunshine."  I love the beat Josh Turner puts into "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot," LOL.  Anyway, Moon Girl says she'd like to set up a stage with a karaoke set for me.  I told her I wouldn't mind the karaoke set since American Girl once made one anyway, but as for the stage...well, the world's a stage!  Obnoxious Second Uncle's shed can be a stage!  Not a bad place to watch birds, either.  I wish I had my binoculars.

Ca fe sho (it's hot)!  Last week the weather was delightful, but it's getting warm again.  The summer is ending the way it began:  springlike, rain, hot.  Springlike, rain, hot.  Sometimes the mornings are foggy, as they can be during the spring and the fall.  I love fall, because it means time for Halloween and for college football.  Go Tigers!

Tigers are usually known for having stripes, but my tiger is a longhaired tuxedo.  Her name is Licorice, and her favorite spot is on my right hip...or chewing on my lip.  Li fol (she is crazy, LOL).

Not much longer, puddy tat, and then we can sit outside and read.  Or we can play in the leaves, I like that too. 

Now for some weird reason, the Moon Girl wants to use me to show y'all something.  It's MY spotlight, Moon Girl! 

*Side note from the Moon Girl:  I think you'll like this, Zoe.

Like it???  This dress is supposed to be a summer dress, but it's got a FUR WRAP.  Who wears FUR in SUMMER???  But anyway, the Moon Girl threw me in this outfit, fur wrap and all, because she noticed something.

She says I look just like Claudie Wells, the new historical girl.  Hey, that is kinda cool!  What do y'all think?  Doesn't my outfit look like her Jazzy Flapper and Fur Coat set?

Coincidence, I promise!!!  Claudie is a sharp little dresser so I won't knock being compared to her.  I still prefer this dress for winter, though.

I guess that's all there is for me to say.  Like the Moon Girl's other dolls, I'm pretty easy to please.

Swenn-twa (take care)!
Zoe Elise Barber

No comments:

Post a Comment