Looking for something?

Sunday, May 15, 2022

Sunday randomness: quick post to break the monotony

Hello, dearest readers, it is I!  I'm sorry for the long lull in posts, but...well, life happened.  Nothing super-serious, but enuff to keep me busy.  Anyway, I have a long string of American Girl posts planned, so if you hate American Girls feel free to don your life vests and jump ship.  To keep this post from being super-boring, here's a quick view of what's to come in the months ahead.  My new girl is a bit shy yet.

Her name is Rebecca, and she belongs to a doll line that I remember from childhood but had forgotten about until recently.  It'll be quite some time before Rebecca's review is done, even though she's a fairly simple little doll, but I'll state right now that she has some ties to the Carpatina dolls.

Speaking of Carpatina, here's Ana Ming after a long absence.  She is modelling something nice and new-to-her.
This is NOT a Carpatina coat, but rather something that belongs to a friend of Rebecca's.  It obviously doesn't match Ana Ming's meet outfit, but I'll find something that does match!  Something blue or gold, maybe.  

That's all I have to say for now.  Again, sorry for the long dry spell.  

Love and warmth,
RagingMoon1987

2 comments:

  1. Hope I'm not bringing up a sore subject, but that eye on your first girl its original color, or has it changed over time?

    I used to look at the Carpentina sewing patterns a lot, but I never tried one, partially because the Carpentina dolls are slimmer than AG. I just got over a week-long cold/flu, so I understand about life getting in the way of what you really want to do! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, as a matter of fact Rebecca's eyes have changed! They were brown and now they're amethyst. I bought her knowing that. I'm going to pretend she's a halfling of some kind.

      Oh lovely, spring cold! Don't ya just love it! I'm glad you're feeling better. I think Carpatina has some patterns called "Girlfriends" that will work for American Girls. You might want to give that a shot.

      Delete