Looking for something?

Saturday, March 12, 2022

Another temperature flip-flop; or the purging of some sadness

Flip-flop...speaking of flip-flops, it was warm enuff here in the Bootheel last week that I considered wearing a pair to work.  I didn't, because wearing flip-flops too much has really done a number on my feet!  Anywho, it was in the low seventies last week, and then yesterday the temperature bottomed out with copious snowfall, to my chagrin and Rita Cheryl's apparent delight.

Today the snow had all but melted by getting off time (5:30 for me), and temperatures will be in the sixties again by about Tuesday.  Amanda and Rita Cheryl sum up the wild variation pretty well.

Won't be long until Rita Cheryl will be wearing her spring clothes again!  In honor of Turning Red I bought her a red panda dress, but it won't be here for awhile yet.  Odds are that it'll be here in time for the tried-and-true equinox.  And no, I haven't seen Turning Red yet, though I love the idea of someone shapeshifting as their emotions rise and fall.  Plus, I love red pandas.  So does Rita Cheryl, LOL.  Rita Cheryl loves pandas, period, as shown by her raincoat and boots.

Now...as is often the case with these posts, I have some spleen to vent...no, wait...one vents one's spleen when one is angry, don't they?  I'm certainly not angry, not today.  I've mentioned off and on that my mother had a cousin who was sick with some trippy type of cancer, and up until about a month ago she was stable and holding her own.  Unfortunately a wave of complications hit in the middle of last month, and in a span of about two weeks Kristi went from being ambulatory and alert to on hospice to deceased.  She passed away yesterday.  Here is a screenshot of her husband's tribute.

Kristi was just a little slip of a woman, and since she was constantly smiling and friendly one would think that she was a complete wuss.  Not so!  Kristi endured her disease and the pain and frustrations that come with it with great courage and strength.  She had her moments of fear and despair, of course, but only her closest family saw that.  The rest of us, myself included, usually saw her smile and her optimism, and her unquestioning faith in the Almighty, a far greater faith than I've ever had.  So while I'll miss Kristi dearly, I'll also remember her with a smile on my own face, and in the future I'll strive to be more positive and more brave like her.  I'll also be keeping Kristi's husband Dan in my prayers, as his health isn't much better than Kristi's was.  He's got heart failure and is on dialysis, and last I heard he was trying to get on the waiting list for a kidney, though I don't know if he'll bother now that his wife is gone.  Y'all know how sometimes someone gives up on life after their spouse dies?  I hope and pray that won't happen to Dan; he's got lots of people who love him.  But then again, so did Kristi.  So I need to just shut face and let God do His thing.  He knows what He's doing.

Give your loved ones an extra hug tonight!  You never know when they'll be called home.

Love,
RagingMoon1987

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Close friends can be like family, I have a couple of those. My cousin has triple negative breast cancer and has been fighting it for three years. She will never be cured, the tumors always come back even when she gets rid of all of them, but we still have her so far. Cancer sucks. It sucks big time.

    On a happier note, I love the girls' clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a lady here in town who has the same type of breast cancer, and she's awfully young. Cancer rates are alarmingly high here in Malden; I blame it on the chemicals the crop dusters spray. They use way too much and fly over residential areas when they shouldn't.

      Both of my girls' outfits came from Etsy if you want something like what they've got. I love Etsy a little too much, LOL.

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear about your cousin's passing. I suspect Mr. BTEG and I will feel the same way when one of us goes, only we have our daughters to live for, at least. And God willing, grandchildren someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Dan has daughters and grandchildren, plus a large church community who loves him. We're just going to wait and see. Fingers crossed that you get your grandkids someday.

      Delete