Looking for something?

Thursday, October 14, 2021

What I've learned about Reagan

Oh no, not another fluff post!  Yeah, if you don't like fluff posts you may wanna skip this one.  Over the past week I've developed a curiosity about my Kennedy and Friends doll, Reagan.

She was a gift, and I hate looking a gift horse in the mouth, but I'm curious about her maker.  Reagan and her buddies do have their own website, but the dolls are also widely available on Etsy and on other doll sites.  The clothes are also available separately on Etsy and God knows where else, as her tag shows.
That ain't Milton-Bradley, y'all!  I wouldn't have given this tag a second thought, except that Doremi's fall outfit has the same tag.  Again that would've flown over my head, except that Doremi's outfit came from a different Etsy store than Reagan did.  Based on that and on the fact that I see these dolls in other outfits on other shops I started to wonder if Reagan is actually a dress-me type doll, like Pansy.  I scoured Reagan for marks and found this.

Not a "Kennedy and Friends" mark like I'd have expected, but something called "Vestida de Azul."  Something blue.  Vestida de Azul is a relatively new company, having been around about nine years, and they do indeed offer nude dolls for dressing, but Carlotta is eleven inches, not eighteen.  Indeed, all of the dolls I found are smaller than Reagan.  They're cute little dolls (Umi is my favorite), but they're not the same size as Kennedy and Friends.  Their faces are painted in a similar style, but they're not the same.  Vestida de Azul's eighteen-inch line is called "Coral," but they don't look much like Reagan either.

Well, Squidward, what have we learned today?  Absolutely nothing important, LOL.  Apparently Kennedy and Friends is a legit brand, and my conjecture is that Vestida de Azul designed these dolls especially for them, kinda like Dianna Effner did for Maru and Friends.  Or at least that's the explanation I came up with.  As for the clothes, my best guess is that Kennedy and Friends is a pretty new bunch and thus relies on Etsy and other outside shops for doll clothes.  I get that.  Mel Birnkrant had to do that too when he was designing the Baby Face dolls.  Anywho, there's that little curiosity satisfied for now, and I can tell Mama where her little gift came from.  If any of y'all find or buy a Kennedy and Friends doll then you may know a bit more about her.

I promise I'll get back with reviews next week!  No more fluff.

Love and fluff,
RagingMoon1987

2 comments:

  1. Check out Ann Lauren Dolls.
    They're an Ohio based company and seem to own Kennedy and Friends.

    ReplyDelete