Looking for something?

Friday, November 13, 2020

Caomei the scam doll

Well, I finally got ONE of the dolls I ordered from HappyKomi (after two friggin' months), and she is about as far a cry from what was pictured as night is from day.  She IS a rag doll...

...but she's not what I thought I was buying.  This is what I thought I was getting.

Her dress has a bunch of grapes on it...

...but her coloring and overall shape made me think of strawberries.  Since she's a Chinese doll I've chosen the name Caomei, which is the Chinese word for "strawberry."

Oh, and the extensive wardrobe that these dolls were supposed to come with?  Caomei was accompanied by one cheap dress and a matching headband, the latter of which is just a strip of cloth with wires inside.

The dress fits Caomei's soft little body, but it clashes with her hat (which doesn't come off).  Maybe it'll fit Cinnamon...

To wrap it up, here's how Caomei and Zlata visually compare.  No contest, really.

They make a cute pair, I'll have to admit, and it's a good thing that Caomei IS cute or she'd be going straight into the trash.  Well okay, that's a bit harsh since she's soft and well-made, but SHE.  IS.  NOT.  WHAT.  I.  ORDERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  If any of y'all want a Waldorf doll, don't be dumb like me and order from Facebook ads.  I was able to make lemonade from lemons in Caomei's case, but not everyone can.  So be very, very careful and do your research, like I should've done!

Ciao,
RagingMoon1987

UPDATE, 11/30/20.  My other two scam dolls have arrived, and wouldn't y'all know, all three of them are wearing pink.  I've chosen to name Caomei's friends Liu (center) and Meigui.

As I noted above, they're cute but not what I ordered.  Don't order anything from Happy Komi, folks.

UPDATE, 12/28/2020.  Debbie Behan Garrett also fell for this scam, and unlike me she contested the issue with...moderate success.  I feel a little less dumb knowing that a smart lady like Miss Debbie got suckered by Happy Komi's attractive ads and too-good-to-be-true prices.  The doll she picked was a cute one, too!  She has chosen to donate her scam doll to a nice cause.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah, she is that. Poor thing, it's not her fault Happy Komi is unscrupulous.

      Delete
  2. could you not file a complaint for misleading advertising? at the very least report the ad to facebook for breaching their standards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did report the ad; Facebook didn't do anything, unsurprisingly. I haven't tried filing a complaint yet.

      Delete