Looking for something?

Thursday, July 2, 2020

A surprise pick-me-up!

Today was an ordinary day, not high and not low...take that back, some of my favorite patrons came into the library, and thus it was a good day.  I still miss Eddard, of course, but the sadness is quickly easing up.  If y'all look back on the post where I adopted Eddie and Arya, you'll see that I had two friends who did the dirty work.  Well, one of those friends had a rough day, and yet she left this on my mother's doorstep.
A green box.  I knew right away that there was a doll inside the box, but I've never seen this label before.
Nope, never heard of them!  That label reads "D'anton Jos," and the rest of the writing is in Spanish.  Hmmm...interesting!  Are y'all ready to see this poppet???  Here she is!
Meet Belka, the doll who...picks her nose!  No lie, one of her nostrils is enlarged to fit a fingertip.
LOL, never in my life have I seen anything like this!  Mama and I laughed ourselves silly over this doll, and after I was done laughing I started taking pictures.  Belka has a tag attached to her wrist, but it doesn't have a name inside.  Thus the name "Belka" is one I gave her.
Despite her goofy face Belka is a pretty nice doll.  One of her eyes is a little skewed, but her hair and her clothes are nice.  She'll look hilarious with my Gerber baby and my grumpy baby Anita.  Apparently D'anton Jos dolls all look more or less like my doll, and even though they are not the prettiest dolls in the world they still make me smile. Hopefully they will you too.

Quick word now about my friend:  she is a live-strong, die-hard animal lover.  She's the lady who dropped by a few summers ago with this kitten (who found a nice home, I'm told).  Today that came back to bite her...or scratch her, rather.  My friend isn't sure if the dog had been poisoned or if he was rabid (yeah, RABID), but she's going to have to have herself AND the dog tested.  It's gonna cost some money, and more importantly my friend is scared.  So if y'all will kindly send her good vibes or prayers or whatever you choose.  She's a funny, caring, hard-working person and she could use a break.

Love and laughter to all,
RagingMoon1987 

2 comments:

  1. I'm very sorry to hear about your friend and hope that she's alright after her encounter with the dog.
    These funny little dolls can be found in quite a few places here in Spain and I've seen a few at the very large flea market along the coast from us. I've never been tempted because they are more like babies and I'm not into baby dolls, but their quirky faces always make me laugh.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend found out yesterday that she's gonna be fine, thank God. The dog tested negative for rabies, meaning that she won't have to have the shots. I think she did have a tetanus shot, but that's all. LOL, I probably wouldn't have picked this doll on my own, but she made me laugh and that counted for something! It's good to know these aren't as rare as I thought they were. Some folks like this kind of character face.

      Delete