Looking for something?

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

But in my arms she was always Lolita

Okay, bad reference.  Lolita fashion is about as similar to that crazy book as a dog turd is to the Koh-i-Noor Diamond, but I needed some sort of goofy title.  Anyway, I had a little too much fun with two of my larger girls and some lolita dresses tonight.  Check this.
Delilah is clad in an Alice in Wonderland-style Taobao dress and her own shoes, while Hailey is all Etsy.  What I wouldn't give for a lolita dress of my own, but alas, lolita dresses are expensive and they don't usually come in a size 24.  Oh sure, I could order one in a custom size, but that's also expensive.  So I live out my fantasies with my girls!

Who do y'all think wears her dress the best?  Remember that Delilah is in blue and Hailey is in pink.

Much love,
RagingMoon1987

6 comments:

  1. Both dolls look both amazing. I couldn't choose. Prayers and healing energy to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, it IS hard to pick! Thank you for the prayers; things have stabilized a lot, but we still can do with all the positivity we can get.

      Delete
  2. Delilah wins for me! I'm partial to Alice in Wonderland though, so that was easy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, fair enough! I like Alice in Wonderland too.

      Delete
  3. I don't know the last time I've seen a Delilah! I considered getting one several years ago, but word on the street was that Ashton Drake got lazy about quality control and so the dolls weren't well made anymore. Such a familiar story. Anyway, I think she rocks the gingham dress, and I hope you'll let us know how she holds up. Is her skin as yellow as it looks in the picture?

    I could sew myself a Lolita dress, but try being size 24 *and* 50 years old! I too must content myself with fashions for my dolly crowd.

    I hope everything is stabilizing out your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things are holding up pretty well. Grandma is still in a lot of pain but hospice is taking measures to put a stop to that. She drank some Ensure this week so that's good news, and she's also sleeping soundly so that's good. I'd rather her sleep a lot than have her screaming in agony.

      You are in luck regarding Delilah, as I have a review planned for the end of this month. My particular doll looks very yellow in these pictures, but that's because my camera hates her and because the dolls I've photographed her with are very, VERY pale. She's more fleshtoned IRL.

      LOL, I hear you on the lolita thing! At least we can live through our dolls; they do what we want them to and they don't complain a bit.

      Delete