Looking for something?

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Poor little Tammy-clone!

A bit late for Valentine's Day posts, methinks, but this popped up at the library yesterday so I'm sharing her.
She is a pillow doll, quite obviously.  One of our younger patrons gave her to Coworker B, but Coworker B has no use for her so I'm taking her.  And truthfully, I only want her for her head.
She was once a full doll, and I can feel underneath the heart fabric where her legs once would have attached.  If she still had legs I'd just cut the pillow open and take her, and that would be that, but her legs are gone.  This upsets me because this doll is very clearly an old doll, old enough that she favors Tammy greatly.  She's probably NOT Tammy since she's not marked "Ideal" anywhere, but they do look alike.

Obviously my poor little girl is going to need a new body, and I think I'll add some paint too so that her cheeks won't have that horrid blanched look.  She'll be a work in progress, but I think I can turn this would-have-been-trash into a little treasure.  While I'm at it, I may try to find Katya, Kate Kite, and Elly-chan bodies as well.  It'll be easy for them, but this young lady of color may prove problematic.  It's difficult to find nice doll bodies of color, so wish me luck!  As a last little bit, this girl's name shall be "Florence" after Florence Ballard, one of the Supremes.

Much love,
RagingMoon1987

2 comments:

  1. Florence is really pretty, and special! I hope you find a nice body for her, and with some blush she will look sensational again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep your fingers crossed for a body that matches! I saw one online but I'm not sure if it'll work.

      Delete