Looking for something?

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

New Barbie threads

Well, so much for me not posting anything else this week!  This post will be largely devoid of pictures, but I will be including a link to the post.  Miss Spotty Jane has started seeing boxed Hello Kitty outfits near where she lives...and they are so cute!!!  She has the Chococat dress that Barb the Evil Genius and I discussed in the comments on this post, plus an outfit devoted to My Melody and another with the Twin Stars.  Jane bought the Twin Stars set and reported that Mattel is continuing the tradition of printing things only on the front when they can get away with it.  Le sigh...I would've hoped that since these outfits are Sanrio-licensed they'd get treated a bit better, but apparently they're not.

In addition to the Hello Kitty items there were some...well, some NON-Hello Kitty items.  Jane wasn't impressed by these, but I saw those images and got the galloping greedy gimmies.  They're not universally pink for one thing, and for another thing there's a lot of them.  The selection is beginning to remind me of Fashion Avenue, whom I've spoken of fondly in the past.  Anyway, one of the outfits came with a saxophone...a SAXOPHONE!!!  When's the last time any of y'all saw Barbie playing an awesome instrument like a sax?  A well-played saxophone is a work of art, as Gerry Rafferty's backup band will prove...and a poorly-played sax makes me want to put my head through a window (Bruce Springsteen, I'm looking at your backup there).  LOL, anyway, one of the outfits comes with a saxophone and I'm pleased about that.  There's another that looks like it's been tie-dyed, and one with a gorgeous rainbow skirt, and still another that has a blue top and orange...shorts?  Capris?  Can't tell, but it's a cute outfit.  Ken also got some nice new things that I like, particularly the one with the red plaid shirt.  That one reminds me of First Uncle, who used to wear a lot of plaid.  Yes, Springtime looks to be quite promising for my girls, and the few boys that I have.

Jane's post on the new dolly duds can be found HERE, and if you fancy giving the rest of her blog a look it can be found HERE.  And to keep this post from being completely boring, here's Ketsana in my Twin Stars blouse, the one that I thought would look good with jeans.
Ketsana (Fashionistas #45 "Boho Fringe") is one of those dolls that looks good in everything anyway.  I have a few dolls that are lucky like that.  Anyway, Ketsana is one of those deluxe Fashionistas that came with three outfits, and one of those outfits happened to be a pink top with bell bottoms so it worked out pretty well.  I would add her to my group pic of kawaii dolls, but that was hard enough to set up with four dolls!  I'll make it up to Ketsana somehow.

Much love,
RagingMoon1987

6 comments:

  1. I saw the saxophone too on MSJ's blog, awesome accessory :-)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super-excited about that, though I don't yet know which doll would make a good sax player. LOL

      Delete
  2. Oh man, I want the Hello Kitty & friends fashions so much, but nobody around here is carrying them yet. I've been stalking the WM toy aisle so much that I'm probably getting weird looks from the staff.

    I love the other new fashions that are coming out, too. There are so many styles being represented these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there are, and I'm glad! I do sort of wish they'd revisit the urban theme a bit; I've got some dolls that might look nice in some street-themed clothes, but other than that Mattel has been picking up the slack...for Barbie, at least.

      I don't mean to brag, but our local Wal-Mart is slowly but surely getting the new stuff in already. I saw a drop-dead gorgeous purple skirt, and the Chococat dress that I've been wanting to find. Patience is a virtue, I guess.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, they really need to continue branching out more. It's so promising that everything isn't "cute" and "glam" anymore, though. And thank goodness the glitter train has stopped for a while!

      Our store is typically pretty slow to get stuff in, but hopefully it'll start getting things in soon.

      Delete
    3. Oh Lord have mercy, I'm so glad to be rid of glitter for awhile! Glitter is nice in moderation, but after awhile it gets to be a pain in the posterior.

      Delete