Looking for something?

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Where's November?

Wouldn't y'all know, after I put my ball-jointed dolls in their winter clothes the weather decides to warm up.  It's not swim weather or anything like that, but the past week has been warmer than average for late November in southeastern Missouri.  This evening it was warm enough that I put Licca-chan and Jaylin in some of their spring garb.
Fifty-one degrees at 7:57 p.m. CST.  Usually this time of year I have to put a coat on for a foray outside, but not this time.  Licca and Jaylin are both bare-armed, and Licca is bare-legged as well since I don't yet have any tights for her.  But yeah, it was warm enough after dark to go outside and take a cute picture.  Likely now that I took Jaylin's poncho and fur hat off it'll get cold now...jeez, I hope not.  I can't say that I'd cry too loudly if the whole winter was mild.

Truly yours,
RagingMoon1987

4 comments:

  1. I'm starting to work on knitting sweaters for some of my dolls. It's not going very quickly. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're anything like me you get bored quickly with one project and start on another, and then you're surrounded by unfinished projects and lose interest altogether.

      Delete
    2. Oh that, too, but I'm also adjusting to using the teeny teeny needles and super fine yarn. When you drop a stitch in the first row, it's very difficult to recover from. And I'm definitely going to have to learn to use DPNs or Magic Loop. I was amazed at how many of these tiny items are knit in the round.

      Delete
    3. I haven't mastered Magic Loop either, so we're on an even keel there. Double-pointed needles aren't as bad as they sound. Just treat them like regular knitting needles and you should be fine.

      Delete