Looking for something?

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Clothes for Hujoo Berry

Okay, so last Christmas I bought a couple of dolls as presents for myself.  I bought Ana Ming and Cami, neither of whom were cheap but both of whom are a lot of fun to have. This year I kept the tradition up.  Initially I wanted to choose between two other Tonner dolls:
Tiny Kitty is still available on the Tonner website, but if I were to choose Lizette I'd have to go on the secondary market (Wilde Imagination sold out of her).  However, if all goes well my Christmas doll should be this little gal:
This is Hujoo Berry in an unusual shade of orange.  The name and the color fit together, surprisingly; Berry is the exact same shade of orange as a cloudberry.  See?
I don't normally like ball-jointed dolls this little (or this unusual).  Frankly, I don't even remember why I went on the Hujoo website; it was for wigs or clothes or somesuch like that.  Anywho, I saw Berry's promo pics and fell for her.  She's bought and paid for, and now I've just got to wait for her to get here.  She will have a faceup, and I assume she'll have eyes, but she will not have clothes or a wig.

Herein lies the problem:  there is very little online about clothes for Hujoo Berry.  I haven't seen any patterns, and most of the items I've found are geared for baby Hujoos, which Berry is not (all of the babies were sold out).  I can't ask Den of Angels because Berry is off-topic there (she's made of plastic, not resin), and my BJD buddy Talolili has no more experience with Hujoo dolls than I do!  LOL, she and I are both flying blind here!  Anyway, finding clothes for this little minx should be interesting.  Wigs won't be a biggie since Luts, Etsy, and Dollmore all make goofy-colored wigs in Berry's size, and shoes will not be a problem either since Junky Spot has those.  Oh yes, Miniwoo has some clothes, but I'm not sure whether they'd be suitable for Berry's proportions. 

If any of y'all have any experience with Berry or any similar-sized doll, I'd love to hear from you.

Hugs and kisses,
RagingMoon1987

No comments:

Post a Comment