Looking for something?

Saturday, September 19, 2026

Daisy, Denika, and some random stuff

Ho-hum, I haven't done much with the blog and I apologize for that.  It's once again excruciatingly hot in the Bootheel (and elsewhere), and our A/C doesn't work right so my only effective reprieve from the heat is at work.  We may be getting a break from it starting Monday, and...oh, I never dreamed I'd say this, but Monday can't get here fast enuff.

Anywho, y'all probably know by now that Girl of the Year 2027 is in the building.  Her name is Daisy Davenport, and she attends the same summer camp that Molly McIntire attended.  Looks like she may own the same breed of dog, too.
Can't say as I'm terribly impressed with Daisy, but then I said that when Lila Monetti was around too and she grew on me.  Daisy's wiki entries aren't complete yet, but it looks like she's another danged Josefina head, albeit with very pretty gray eyes.  She hails from Madison, Wisconsin, she has a brother, and her parents both appear to be alive, but that's all I know.  I know that a lot of critics are gonna freak out about race and inclusivity, and...well, this first publicity pic shows what could've been.  
One of Daisy's friends is in a wheelchair.  We've not yet had a differently abled Girl of the Year, but no sense in beating a dead horse.  GOTY 2027 is in the house and...I probably will pass on her.  I've barely touched the new American Girl doll I do have (Electra), so why bother with another one?  For now, anyway.

The same fate may await my newest doll, though as with Electra I don't intend on forgetting her forever.  This is Denika Newton, my new-to-me My Twinn.
Y'all likely forgot this, but I've been wanting a Denika Twinn for quite some time now.  I'd hoped to find one with darker skin, but...well, can't have everything.  She is from 2003 and has a good-sized pull on her belly, but I love that face!
Hmmm, Denika looked at first like she might be an Outstanding Orange Blossom, like Justin is.  Lemme drag Justin out...
<show them together>
...no, Denika is fairer than Justin is.  I kinda like the orange cast, myself, though there are probably collectors who don't.  To each their own.  I do have a dress for Denika, by the way, and since Halloween isn't too far off I got her a Halloween dress.
<>
Not bad!  Since My Twinn is discontinued pickins' on Etsy are pretty slim, but there are still some nice things to be had if one's willing to dig.

I also got a small teddy bear haul from Treesa, in the form of some Build-a-Bear accessories for National Teddy Bear Day.
Dang, I wish I could find Flaxie!  These are her all over!  

Lastly, if you're a Barbie fanatic then you've probably heard that Bob Mackie passed away.  Mr. Mackie was responsible for a great many beautiful dolls, including a few of my favorites.  I was too little to own a lot of 'em, but I have my all-time favorite en route now...and it's not Neptune Fantasy!  I said in the past that Neptune Fantasy was my favorite of Bob Mackie's Barbie designs, but I didn't know that he was also responsible for this lovely lady.
She's from the Masquerade Gala collection, and her name/title is "Illusion."  She's still in the post, but I'll get her eventually.

Of course Bob Mackie did clothes for real people too.  Our dearly departed Dolly Parton was one of his clients, as were Cher, Diana Ross, and Sir Elton John.  I don't like the stuff he put Cher in, but then I don't like Cher much so that's not saying anything.  She's a pretty enuff woman with a decent voice, but like many other female singers she throws away her talent for sex appeal.  Oh, and she can't shut up about leftist politics during her shows.  If you wanna be a liberal, fine, but if your job is to sing for the masses, SING FOR THE MASSES AND LEAVE THE POLITICAL CRAP AT HOME.  Ted Nugent, I'm looking at you too.

That's about it for now.  I go to get my MRI on Tuesday.  It's being done at Cape Girardeau, and Mama has to work Tuesday, so...big sigh, I'm looking at a 150-mile round trip with Uncle Man-Child.  I am NOT excited.

Love,
RagingMoon1987

No comments:

Post a Comment