Looking for something?

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Cabbie clothes for Valentine's Day

Yep, I've been places where I shouldn't have been again!  When Leslie Emily arrived nekkid I promptly threw her in the yellow Preemie-sized onesie that I got last fall.  She didn't look terrible, but I'd kinda like to save that onesie for a boy Preemie if I ever find one.  But I did learn that Leslie could wear Preemie clothes, so that gave me high hopes for this little dress.  And said hopes paid off!
THIS is a better idea of Leslie Emily's coloring.  Eventually I will figure out that this front room has better lighting than the family room.  Anywho, SweetBlossomsCouture supplied this dress.  I had an option of a pink bodice or a purple one, but Leslie looks like the purple type to me.  The hearts have teeny-weeny little polka dots in them.
The bodice also has polka dots, and y'all know what I think about polka dots.  LOL, polka dots make the world better!  Seriously, I believe that.  They add a little extra happiness and playfulness to a world that is at times dark and lonely.  Not that Leslie Emily knows.  She's happy no matter what, but she's THRILLED to have a new dress to wear.  Speaking of happy, Leslie wants Treesa to know that she's very happy in her new home and loves her new friends.  She hasn't mentioned a favorite friend yet, but she gravitates towards Candela Laura and towards the boy y'all will be meeting at the end of the month.

Speaking of Candela Laura, she's a bigger doll so she is a smidge easier to shop for.  She had her choice of any of my cute little Cabbie outfits (I'm slowly filling a crate of duds for my Patch), but there's one serious problem:  ALL of 'em are either the wrong size, or for Halloween, or for a boy doll.  So I turned to pac44 for Candela's new clothes, and Mama also had some input.
I could've had blue jeans, but Mama liked the pink pants better so that's what Candela is wearing.  The blouse has elephants on it.
Elephants make me think of my daddy.  I think I've said that before, LOL.  I don't know how well I can photograph the sheen of the slacks and the blouse's sleeves, but they've both got a silky shine to them that looks extra nice.
Can't really see it on the pants, but trust me:  they've got a nice shine.  Now all these two need are shoes...or something to cover their feet.  Treesa did send me some Totsy shoes, but Idalia Gale got those.  For the record, Idalia has bigger feet than your average Cabbage Patch Kid, but because Cabbie feet squish these shoes fit her fine.  Idalia is grateful.
I was unfamiliar with Totsy's That's My Baby clothing line, so I embarked on a search for more of their clothes.  Of course most of that stuff is out of production now, but it's still out there on the websites that I need to stay away from (a.k.a. eBay and Etsy).  They've got clothes, undies, shoes, and socks, and a few of the sets have kid-friendly jewelry as well.  I predict that some of those outfits will end up in my Cabbie wardrobe before too long, because they're cute!  Thanks for the heads up, Treesa!

Happy Valentine's Day,
RagingMoon1987

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found Leslie something to wear.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm looking at Easter stuff now, and maybe some Barbie stuff for when Lucey gets here. I wanna pay tribute to her old gimmick.

      Delete
  2. I still need to find a shipping box for Lucey Dena. But the My Disney Nursery Dress-Up Accessory Packs are boxed and ready to go. I just have to get them to the post office.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete