Looking for something?

Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Time to gripe: Dandy Denims isn't so dandy!

Y'all may or may not have seen in a recent post that Tam sent me a Talky Velvet recently.  The pet is clean and cute, but didn't have a stitch on!  Luckily I found a seller on Etsy who offered some mint-on-card fashions for Velvet and her like-sized friends, and among the options was this getup, "Dandy Denims."
I'm just going to cut right to the chase.  The outfit looks adorable, and Velvet is no longer nekkid...
...but her jeans are supposed to snap in front, but the two halves aren't even close to meeting!  I tried to get that snap shut for the better part of an hour, but no dice.
That doesn't show when Velvet's shirt is pulled down, but knowing the snap won't close infuriates me.  Oh, and that cute little brown ribbon, the one that Crissy and Beth put in their doll's hair?  Nope, that wouldn't fit as shown either.  I ended up tying that around Velvet's neck.  GERONIMO!!!!!!!
Now I turn to you, my dear readers.  Have Velvet's jeans shrunk after so long in the package?  Or does Dandy Denims just...fit like that?  If any of y'all have experience with this outfit I'd be delighted to hear from you. 

Now I'm going to smoothe out Velvet's braids and take some pictures for Failbook.  Despite the ill fit of the jeans, Velvet does look cute.

Cheers,
RagingMoon1987 

4 comments:

  1. You don't suppose they go on the other direction, do you? With the graphics being on this side, probably not, unless there's stuff on the back too. Sorry about sending her naked. I spotted her in storage and remembered that you wanted one. Then I spotted the Bratz dolls, and remembered you liked them, so I threw them in. Sorry they needed a bath. Normally I would have washed them up before sending them, but I didn't have time. I didn't know the one had a broken neck! I didn't even see that. Sorry. Anyway, Velvet looks nice. She cleaned up well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no graphics on the other side; I had considered that. Don't apologize for the state they were in! My own Crissy dolls have moldy eyes, so it was a relief to see this Velvet clean and happy. I got some clothes for the nude Cloe too, so she's good. I thank you for sending them to me, and I'm sorry I sounded so ungrateful! I only mentioned Cloe's broken neck because I don't want to break her further. I've had ZERO luck repairing broken Bratz necks, and she's got such a pretty face!

      Delete
  2. My guess is that Talky Velvet has just a bit bigger torso than the regular Velvet. That would make it so the clothes would not fit her. If you have a Talky and one that doesn't, you can compare the area where the waistband would snap to see if that's true. Other than that, I got nothin'. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have another Velvet. I need to check her out.

      Delete