Looking for something?

Wednesday, December 6, 2023

An early Christmas

First I'll run over the things I bought for myself.  With a semi (LOL).
Hedda Get Bedda and Cindy Lou Who.  The bane of my mother's existence vs. the Grinch's stumbling block.  I'll discuss Hedda in more detail in the coming weeks, while Cindy Lou...well, she's cute, but once you've owned one My Life doll you've essentially owned 'em all.  Same tight joints, same sedate face, same inability to stand.  But...I won't knock those pajamas!
For someone so unlovable, everyone seems to love the Grinch.  Goodness knows my mama does, and so does Luciana.  Remember this?
I've got another of my dolls dressed in Grinch garb too, but I'm holding her back until my doll-sized Christmas tree gets here.  And if I ever get my front room presentable then I need to dress a whole gaggle of my girls in Grinch garb.  Hey, alliteration! 

Then I picked up a Sweet Sue doll.  She's well-dressed and came with a small wardrobe.  Her hair needs a little tidying.
Lastly, I got a G1 Abbey Bominable, a character that I always wanted in G1 form but never got.
She's Geek Shriek Abbey, one of the last Abbey dolls from the G1 era.  Geek Shriek was a budget line, which I always liked because you got a full doll with a full outfit, but for maybe half the price.  Plus, anything that pays tribute to nerds and geeks is a good thing in my book.  Abbey will be helping out with a review in the...well, in the not-too-distant future, but it will be a couple'a months away.  I'll keep y'all (and myself) entertained in the meantime, though.  Promise!

So let's skip on to the stuff that Tam sent me.  Poor Tam apologized in her email about sending me stuff when I've complained about storage, and I'll admit something right here and now:  the storage issue is my own fault.  If I'd get my doll room organized and put in some kind of order, and then I'll have room for nice new stuff.  

That said, I've got a box of nice new stuff!  Or it's nice new-to-me stuff, courtesy of my buddy Tam.  I recognized this first one right off the bat.  She's Velvet, but she's Talky Velvet.  See the grille in her stomach?
She needs her talking mech repaired, and she needs some new lashes, but otherwise she looks fine.  I've already got clothes and shoes on the way for her.

Then there's these two, who need no introduction.
Cloe times two!  LOL, Tam remembers how much I love Bratz dolls!  The dressed Cloe appears to be from the Flashback Fever line, and she's got very pretty lips.
I remember the Flashback Fever line!  My favorite one was Jade, because she was JADE and because she was Mod (and because her minidress was green), but these dolls came with compact disks that drove the cost up so I just looked.  Cloe represented the eighties.  My particular doll has a delicate neck so I'll need to treat her with care...or just bust out the super glue and freeze that joint completely.  Whatever works.  The other Cloe doesn't have a stitch to her name.  
No biggie, I've got an outfit coming for her too, and said outfit comes with shoes.  This Cloe is a later doll, from the fish-lipped era, but that's no problem either.  I have fish-lipped Bratz and I treat them like I treat the other Bratz.  This one has a sweet face...well, sweet for a Bratz doll.
I think she may be a Black Friday Cloe, but I'm not certain.

This last one is a bit of a surprise and a bit of an enigma.  She's vintage like I like, and her name is Tammy, but her tag says "Horsman."
The back of her neck is marked "H" too, so the Horsman label is definitely right.
She's welcome no matter who she is, but because I'm eternally curious I want to learn more about her.  A quick perusal of Google Images suggests that she may be Mary Poppins, and if so then that would explain why she looks a bit bigger than Tammy does.  Mary is a nice, statuesque doll, at an even twelve inches in height.

Oh yes, and I got some blue vinyl boots.  Shoes this size are always appreciated.
River Song likes blue, so I think I'll give these to her...when and if I see her again.

Now...I mentioned my storage woes, right?  They're well on their way to being solved.  Look what Mommy got for me!
A FREAKING SHED!!!  Watching the men install it was quite the event.  Oh, nothing bad happened.  It was just interesting watching them raise one end and then the other and then propping up this area or that.  They used a gizmo that looks like a miniature forklift.  Mama would've loved watching this part; she likes vehicles that do heavy work.
Here they've moved to the back and are working to get the rear end leveled.
Putting it in took about thirty minutes, tops.  The shed locks and has a door and a window, plus a porch where I can put a small chair if I so choose.  I intend to fence my backyard in during the coming year to add a little extra security and to give a safe place for my dogs to play, but for now the shed is more than enuff.  The dolls are more than enuff too; indeed, I couldn't look at the box of new dolls without smiling.  So I send sincere thanks to Tam and to my mama for their incredible kindness, and to God above for putting such people in my life!  Thank you, all of you.

Much love,
RagingMoon1987 

No comments:

Post a Comment