Looking for something?

Sunday, June 11, 2023

Sunday randomness: Jettivee finds her name

It's warm, windy, and a smidge threatening today, but that didn't stop Jettivee Bargo from climbing one of my trees.

I told her she'd get her new dress dirty, but since when do the kids ever listen to me?  Anyway, Mama and I got some lunch while the weather remained calm, and after that we visited the graveyard where my dad is buried.  While we were there Jettivee saw a familiar name on another grave marker.

The woman's name is Jettivee Campbell.  She is buried next to her husband and a stillborn son, both of whom died in 1959.  Ms. Campbell lived to be 89 and outlived just about everyone in her immediate family.  Her Find a Grave memorial can be found HERE.  Clearly she still has someone who cares about her, as she's got new flowers on her grave.

Rest in peace, ma'am!  Thank you for the name!

Love
RagingMoon1987 

No comments:

Post a Comment