Looking for something?

Thursday, May 18, 2023

My first meeting with a Berenguer baby

I've admired Berenguer babies from afar for a long time, but I never bought one for myself.  That probably will hold true for awhile since I have another baby doll on the way (spoiler alert), but today I got to see a Berenguer IRL.  A little girl brought her into the library.  Her name is Elizabeth.
I didn't get a good photograph of this doll's face since I didn't want to monkey with the placement of her arms, but her eyes are amazing.  I love her vinyl too; it's soft and ever so slightly squishy to the touch.  Not a lot, mind y'all; this baby is pretty tough, but she's also cuddly.  I think she may be a drink-and-wet doll, since her diaper was damp when I held her.  One thing that surprised me about Elizabeth is that she's quite small.  I didn't photograph this either since I wanted to give the little girl her baby back, but Elizabeth is less than a foot long.  Miss Emily noted that her Berenguer dolls were on the small side, but just the same Elizabeth's diminutive size surprised me.  I seem to say that a lot about dolls, don't I?  I know I did when I reviewed Cami all those years ago.

Of course I sneaked Rita Cheryl to work like I almost always do, and when I showed her to Elizabeth's "mommy" her face lit up.  Young though this child is, she is already familiar with American Girl dolls and even owns one (Kit, if the description I got was correct).  The child proceeded to tell me that Elizabeth has a twin, and these dolls apparently live the life of Reilly at home and at the child's other home down in Paragould.  No joke, the little girl's mama said that Elizabeth and her twin needed a playground, and Elizabeth was carefully wrapped in a super-nice baby blanket.  This little girl knows how to treat her dollies!

And with that, I issue a Busy Beaver Warning, as I am going to be extremely busy over the next few weeks.  As I probably mentioned in the past post or so, my A/C is on the blink and has been for some time, and my house is messy to the extent that I'm ashamed to have anyone in it.  Thus my free time will largely be dedicated to cleaning, though I'll pop in to say hello as often as I can.  I have a week and a half before temperatures reach ninety again, and I intend to make the best of it.  But, dear readers, you have not been forgotten!  I have plenty of time to think while I clean, and maybe I'll get some better ideas for blog posts.

Ciao and cheers,
RagingMoon1987

4 comments:

  1. You can keep this one, not into baby dolls at all, real or otherwise. I'm way past being clucky! But you enjoy her and good luck with the cleaning RM!
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, baby dolls aren't for everyone! For me they're better than real kids, LOL! Thanks for the luck; I'm gonna need it.

      Delete
  2. I think I had this same doll, only mine was 14 inches. It's hard to be exact when they have those bent legs. I thought she was cute, but not really my thing, so she moved along to another home. http://planetofthedolls.blogspot.com/2014/10/doll-day-265-berenguer-la-newborn.html Same one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're very similar, yes. I love your doll's smug little face!

      Delete