Looking for something?

Monday, May 15, 2023

Clothes from Pegsdollclothesshop

As the weather warms I've treated some of my dolls to some new spring/summer clothes, as I often do during this time of year.  No biggie, except that this particular Etsy shop is undergoing an unusual dilemma.  Pegsdollclothesshop is run by a lady named Peggy Peterson, and a few weeks ago Mama got an email from Miss Peggy warning that she'd been diagnosed with stage 3 rectal cancer.  Since then Mama and I learned that the cancer has not spread, but Miss Peggy has something rare called...jelly belly, which I've never heard of, that she'll need surgery for.  Makes me think of those gummy tummy penguins that the Candy Blog wasn't enamored with, but I digress.  Peggy stated in her email that the doll clothes kept her busy, so...I've been trying to keep her busy, and to hell with money.  I've got...<pauses to count>...I've got six little outfits so far, four for the girls and two for Kyle.  Since I've been puttering about with Danica a lot here lately, she goes first.  
Y'all may or may not see something poking up underneath Danica's blouse; that would be the tubing from her diabetes pump.  Miss Emily reviewed the diabetes kit on her blog several years back, so if you want a detailed look at that set, you know where to go.  Anyway, the blouse is a sleeveless square-necked smock blouse, rendered in shades of purple.  The pattern on the blouse is floral and makes me think of the Lilly Pulitzer dresses that several of my girls wear in summertime.  It isn't this blue-tinged IRL; I took this picture indoors and the others outside on a sunshiny day.
The waist of the blouse is ringed with my favorite trim, ric-rac.  It appears to be tie-dyed as well.
The pants legs are trimmed with more ric-rac and bands of the floral blouse fabric.  The rest of the capris are made of this glorious royal purple quilt fabric.  It's a lovely shade.
If I had any critiques I'd say that Danica's blouse is a little tight.  The Velcro fastens, but I had to tug a bit to get it shut.  A slimmer doll like Kristiana could probably wear this without the necessary tugging, but Danica looks fine.  She can also sit down; while her blouse is a bit tight her capris are not.
Different day, different weather, different doll.  Marina's getup is made from the same pattern of capri pants and a smocked blouse, but in green.
Marina has green highlights in her hair, so why not toss her in green clothes?  While the purple set is floral, the green set has a nice pattern that looks like...kinda like God's eyes
The green set is trimmed with ric-rac like the purple set is, but this ric-rac is silver and sparkly.
The capris are made of a different material than the blouse (and all of Danica's getup, for that matter).  It feels a little like burlap but isn't as rough, and it looks like gauze but isn't as lightweight.  The legs are trimmed with more ric-rac.
The same fabric makes up the straps of the blouse, providing a nice visual tie-in.
Marina's blouse fits her like a glove, but her pants legs are a little tight where the ric-rac is.  I had to tug a little harder to get them past her calves, but it can be done.  Like Danica, Marina sits like a charm in her capris, though I didn't think to photograph that.  As I noted back during Halloween, Marina is a new doll and thus tightly strung.  It can be a struggle for both her and Danica to sit, thus why I make note of how well they can move in their new capris.  Birthday girl Luciana is also still fairly new, though she's loosened up a bit in the time that I've owned her.  However, sitting should be a breeze for her since her new outfit doesn't incorporate pants.  She prefers skirts and dresses during warm weather, and she loves studying space, so I bought her a constellation dress.
This new dress drew a better reaction from my mother than Luciana's LAST dress did, LOL.  After I put this on her, I see that it's not just a constellation dress, but a Zodiac dress!  Here's my sign, right up front.
Here's Luciana's sign; she shares a sign with Harry Truman, and with one of my great-grandmothers.  Don't mess with the bull, young man.  You'll get the horns.
Alright, Moon Girl, quit gawking at the various constellations and talk about the dress itself.  The dress is pretty simple, and it kinda has a silhouette like the dresses that Samantha and Rebecca would wear.  Drop-waisted, with a short skirt.
The dropped waist has this loopy white trim that feels smooth and soft to the touch.  This is a snagging hazard if treated rough.
That's about all there is to say about Luciana, so on to the one and only Rita Cheryl.  Rita Cheryl isn't big on dresses, but she loves purple so getting her in this dress was a cinch.
The cut of this dress is more like that of your traditional AG generidress.  The waist is trimmed with...guess what?  Gold ric-rac!
The neckline is a square neckline.  I don't have too many doll dresses like that.
I love the gold accents in this dress!  I'll have to get some gold shoes to match.
As for Kyle, he had two outfits to choose from, so he picked a Mickey Mouse-themed outfit.
The front of Kyle's shirt closes with Velcro, but it also has buttons that add a nice finish.
The shorts are...well, red shorts.  These are a nice length, and they're loose enuff that Kyle can sit.
Here's a closeup of the print.  It makes me giggle because I can hear Mickey enthusiastically whooping "Oh boy!"  I love Mickey Mouse!
I kinda wish Kyle's shorts had white buttons like Mickey's do, but then I can always add that myself.

Overall I can't complain about these outfits.  True, they're simple little getups that are a smidge tight in places, but I love the colors and I love the themes of the Mickey set and the constellation dress.  Overall these outfits are an easy way to flesh out a dolly wardrobe, and they go for...well, I think keeping Miss Peggy occupied during a cancer battle is a good cause. 

Now, Luciana is off to celebrate her birthday.  No stargazing will be done as more rain is in the forecast, but she did receive a box of her favorite cookies from Rita Cheryl and Courtney and Z.  I figure they'll eat those and binge-watch some TV.

Love, 
RagingMoon1987 

2 comments:

  1. I wonder which type of doll Miss Peggy is using as her fit model? The 18" dolls have a significant amount of body differences, when something as small as 1/4" of an inch in a pattern can make a difference. Your girls are looking ready for summer, though. I hate pants that are cut poorly so that the poor dolly flashes everybody when she sits down. It's a simple problem to avoid, but it uses extra fabric, so the big companies probably want to cut corners enough to overlook that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's using fairly modern dolls, as far as I can tell. I saw Julie, Rebecca, and Melody in the mix, and her boy model is a custom job so goodness knows who he used to be. But yeah, the same outfit that was a little tight on Danica fit Luciana just fine, and it was too tight for the Pleasant Company bunch. Soft-bodied dolls are so weird!

      LOL, I hate tight pants too, both on people and on dolls. Some of Rita Cheryl's name-brand stuff fits so tightly that it rides down whenever she sits. Drives me nuts.

      Delete