Looking for something?

Thursday, November 24, 2022

Thanksgiving 2022

Y'all out there, it's a-rainin' in the Bootheel!  
Wouldn't y'all know, today's the day one of Mama's dogs decides to escape.  I'm STILL pulling sticker burrs out of my shoes.  Anyway, Thanksgiving was better this year than it was last year, though it still wasn't great.  Sister and Brother-in-law are back in the area, but they've been very busy and will stay busy for the foreseeable future, so with that plus the rain they didn't come down.  Mama is cranky because her leg hurts, and Second Uncle was his usual blabby self.  So what's a fat thirtysomething to do but play with her favorite American Girl doll?
Rita Cheryl, of course.  And yes, I walked out into the rain to get this shot.  Notice how some of the ironwork is bent out of shape.
Yeah...it should look like this.
Guess who bent it out of shape!  <raises hand>  I was a climber in my day, kinda like Rita Cheryl is now.
She's already climbed higher than I ever did. 
Don't break your neck, girlie.  Notice that Rita Cheryl is wearing the same outfit she wore the last time the weather got bad.  That was the night that Mayfield got hit so hard (posts regarding that incident are here and here).  Meteorologists are predicting the possibility of storms this weekend, but thankfully no one has said the "T" word yet.  Hopefully it'll stay that way and everyone will just get wet while they try to kill themselves shopping.  I too am hoping for a Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal, but I'm not going out to get it!  The Moon Girl is staying her white American rear end home.

Happy Thanksgiving, 
RagingMoon1987 

3 comments:

  1. We had a so-so Thanksgiving as well. Then last week, I was on vacation, and now I'm sick, so things are going to take a big longer. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy howdy, everyone I know is either sick or has been sick! Hope you get to feeling better soon!

      Delete
  2. Just letting you know that I haven't forgotten about your package! I'm trying to find a box that everything will fit into, that is at the same time not too big, that would add to shipping expense. :(

    ReplyDelete