Looking for something?

Friday, November 18, 2022

A friendly PSA

Dollies don't let dollies drive drunk.

LOL, Madge Josephine MacQuarrie is way cuter than she looks in that picture, I promise!  She didn't come with that name, either; I bestowed that one on her.  But we all know how our dolls look when they're fresh out of the box, especially if they're secondhand!  Here's a better idea of what Madge looks like; she's got pretty eyes.
A word of warning:  these Meritus Girls on the Go have tragic hair, particularly if they're found out-of-box.  I'm trying to get Madge's hair under control, but it's gonna be an uphill battle!  Good thing she's got a sweet face!  I got a comment last night from a lady who runs the blog Bitsy Beauty Salon, so maybe she's got some ideas I can try on Madge.  Thanks for stopping by, Linda!

Yours,
RagingMoon1987

3 comments:

  1. I knew you'd been around, LOL! I only have one Linda following me. Yes, I'd considered braiding Madge's hair once I get out all the tangles, with maybe a Downy dunk in between. Doll collectors are saying now that Downy dunks aren't the greatest things for dolls with wigged hair, but Madge's hair is rooted. It's just low-quality hair; I knew what I was getting into when I bought her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Downy dunks don't do well on wigged hair when the wig is glued down because you can never get the Downy back out of the hair since it gets into the wig cap. For a rooted doll, I see no reason it wouldn't work, just be careful about her eyes and make sure you get all the Downy back out of her hair after.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'd read that Downy was a no-no for wigs. I'm glad I read that before I ruined my old Felicity. I did try it on an old Licca-chan with rooted hair and she looks amazing now. Y'all cross your fingers for Madge!

    ReplyDelete