Looking for something?

Wednesday, February 23, 2022

As the old saying goes...

...if you don't like the weather, wait awhile.  Said statement especially holds true here in the New Madrid seismic zone.  Last Thursday my area had a wave of noisy, windy, wet thunderstorms, followed by a balmy weekend and another round of severe weather.  So great was my spring fever that I put Rilla Louise, Justine-Marie, and Luciana in their springtime garb, consisting of light, sleeveless shirts, colorful shoes, and in Justine-Marie's case, a new pair of Minnie Mouse ears.

Alas, it was not meant to be.  On Monday night the weather cleared out and turned cold again, and today Mama and I got off work early due to freezing rain.  Oooo, is that wind sharp, too!  I wouldn't mind it all so much if the wind weren't so dad-blamed sharp!  Anyway, two new doll-sized coats arrived in the mail, and Rita Cheryl and Airy quickly claimed them.
Rita Cheryl is hiding her spring dress under that coat, LOL.  By pure chance they happen to match.  Airy's set is a full set of leggings, which I'd wear in a New York second if I didn't have thunder thighs.  Oh yeah, Rilla Louise and Luciana tried to compensate with their new cardigans...

...but I don't b'lieve that'll cut it, not with those bare legs in this wind!  In truth I do plan on pairing Rilla Louise's dress with a pair of jeans, but they're not here yet.  For some reason I've never been a big fan of putting American Girls in short dresses with nothing to cover their legs.  Go figure, I'm weird.

Now I'm going to make sure my animals are warm enuff and go on another YouTube bender.  Stay home tonight if you can, especially if you're in the path of this ice!

Love and warmth,
RagingMoon1987 

8 comments:

  1. I am originally from Missouri - Kansas City to be exact. I now live in SoCal where its supposed to be warmer in the winter. However, we are having a frost right now and its in the 20's at night. But our temperature has been up and down too. We near 90 a week ago!

    Your dolls all look very nice in their outfits, but the first picture makes me feel cold. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yeah I looked at them and I thought "Not your smartest idea, Moon Girl." It never fails; when I dress up my dolls for spring, it gets cold again.

      Delete
    2. Well then your dressing is a better predictor than that groundhog. lol

      Delete
  2. We've had a similar bout of weird weather here in upstate NY too...it was in the 50s yesterday (hot for us haha) and today back down into the teens with snow on the way tomorrow. This will continue on through April so I guess I'll get used to it, ha. The girls look cute in their bright, pretty outfits. It's always a treat to see actual color this time of year! Rita Cheryl's coat looks so warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had Rita Cheryl's coat in my size. It's made of legit nice stuff. Lordy, my sister is currently living in Vermont and she could feel your pain. How far north do you live in New York? My sister is in Burlington for the foreseeable future.

      Delete
  3. Hey chica, I picked up a little something for you at the doll show I was at today. If you are comfortable giving me your mailing address, send it to me at gibsongirl a t gibsongirl d o t o o g.

    ReplyDelete