Looking for something?

Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Awww, hail!

Isn't every day that we get hail, especially in December!  But here it is, the first day of a month more commonly associated with snow, and we had hail.  And yes, since I'm fairly cavalier when it comes to photo ops, I darted out into the downpour to get these pictures.

Now granted, the hail was NOT large hail.  The biggest pieces were the size of lima beans (ewww, I hate lima beans) and melted quickly, and most of the pieces I saw were about pea-sized.  About what the forecast called for, in other words.  Yep, NWS issued a significant weather statement at the top of the hour warning of mild thunderstorms with possible small hail, and I thought "Yeah, right.  The radar looks fine."  LOL, never look at the radar just once!

Even though it wasn't big hail today, it was my first opportunity to photograph hail and I grabbed it.  I'm still hoping to be a storm spotter...well, someday, and as a result I love stuff like this.  Now having the family car out in golf ball-sized hail...that I'm not too excited about.  Oh well, take the bad with the good, Moon Girl.

What's the biggest hail y'all have ever seen???  Share your stories if you've got any.  Hopefully I'll be back to sharing dolly stuff soon.

Hugs, kisses, and ice pellets, 
RagingMoon1987

No comments:

Post a Comment