Looking for something?

Friday, March 2, 2018

Puppies!

As I said yesterday, it's been an interesting week at the Moon House, and it culminated today with two new arrivals.  Meet Sonic (black and tan) and Bella (yellow).
These puppies are chihuahua mixes and are...oh, I think my friend said they were about nine weeks old.  They're right at the age where they want to chew on stuff, so I have to keep a close eye on them.  My friend was not able to keep the puppies because she and her boyfriend both started new jobs and their landlady was threatening eviction if the puppies weren't gone.  So being the sucker that I am, I volunteered to take the puppies even though I've got five cranky cats, a chinchilla, and a bearded dragon.  Luckily for me the puppies are for the most part potty trained and semi-know the command "sit."  They still need a lot of work with commands, though.
It's been a big day for little dogs!  Soon they'll be as spoiled as my cats are.  Sonic is a little attention whore; if I'm giving attention to anyone but him he whines and complains.  Bella is more laid back but also the more submissive of the two, despite being a little bit bigger than her brother.  They both love cats, which has proven problematic since none of my cats are used to being around dogs...particularly YOUNG dogs.  They'll get used to it, though.  They have no choice, LOL.
Cheers, 
RagingMoon1987

7 comments:

  1. Aw! Congratulations on the new puppers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've done pretty well with the other critters; hopefully I'll be a good dog mama too.

      Delete
  2. Cuteness overload! OMG, they are adorable! I can see why you couldn't resist taking them in! Makes me what to go out and look at rescue pups again -- but I won't cuz I would probably bring another one home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I don't know how folks go to a shelter without bringing home at least two animals.

      Delete
  3. So far I've lucked out, but I definitely have been keeping an eye out for chewing. So far they've been really good, but I can't say that I trust them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, they are so cute! The last picture just melts my heart :-) <3. Congratulations with your new housemates :-)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thank you! They're such little rascals, I already love them so much!

      Delete