Looking for something?

Friday, September 29, 2017

Dolly Dress Discussion: Kuu Kuu Harajuku sushi fashion pack

Gee whiz, was it just Wednesday that I uploaded that first Kuu Kuu Harajuku post?  It feels like forever ago, even though this week hasn't dragged like last week did.  Anyway, today I bought another one of the outfits, noting that it has a different style of shoe.  Since Pepper Parson has very small feet I figured that a lower-topped boot wouldn't fit as well...or at all.  But since I really like these little outfits I picked the sushi set.  I didn't take a picture of it in the box, so y'all will just have to settle for the outfit on Pepper.
I have to admit that this one isn't as cute as the polka dot unicorn set, though I do still like it.  The headband (which again is ill-fitting) is a plate of sushi and other small Japanese treats; I think these items together might classify as a bento, but I'm not sure.  Maybe a proper bento has more to it???  Heck if I know, but the food items make a cute headband.  The outfit also comes with a plate of oversized sushi that can double as a hair clip, and since it doesn't fit Pepper's paw I may indeed end up wearing it.  I can only imagine what my patrons will think at the sight of their thirty-year-old librarian wearing a sushi hair clip and reading juvenile lit.

Anywho, my point about this post was supposed to be about shoes.  Pepper is indeed wearing the shoes, but only because of an unusual fluke, one that I wasn't expecting.  The orange striped socks that Pepper is wearing are supposed to come up higher, but Pep's thick little calves won't allow for that so I pulled them up as high as they'd go and doubled the remaining fabric over like so.
Then I stuffed the folded socks into the boot and voila!  Pep can wear the shoes.  The connection is a loose one, but if I don't wag Pepper around too much she can still wear these shoes.  So Pinkie Cooper dolls can still wear these clothes, but with the sushi outfit one may have to play with the pieces a bit in order to get them to stay on.  And forget that big clip.  Either keep it as a cute prop or wear it in your hair.

As a last little note, I attempted this outfit on one of my Monster High dolls, and the results were a dismal failure.  The dress was WAY too short for Scarah Screams here.
Sorry, Scarah.  No new threads for you and your freaky-chic friends today.  It's gotten to the point that I have to go to Etsy in order to find nice things for the Monster High and Ever After High crew.  If Kuu Kuu Harajuku is around for very long I doubt they'll get more than these five outfits that are currently available...so I'd best try to grab the remaining three, and if any of y'all have Pinkie Cooper dolls, I suggest that y'all do the same.  Just mind those shoes; not all of them fit as well as the unicorn shoes do!

And now I'm off to work, to shelve books and read more kiddie lit.  I'm currently hooked on Rick Riordan's half-deified creations; Percy Jackson is delightfully blunt at times and I love it.  Too bad I'm ON THE LAST BOOK!!!!!!!!!!

Much love,
RagingMoon1987

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, the sushi set is adorable on Pepper! I think I actually like this look a little more than the unicorn set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I got it to work; when I saw how short the boots were I was afraid they wouldn't fit at all. So glad you like!

      Delete