Looking for something?

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Dolly Dress Discussion: Kuu Kuu Harajuku unicorn fashion pack

I don't think I've stated this here on the blog yet, but I like kawaii stuff.  I don't have too much of it for myself, but I'm slowly putting together some nice things for my dolls.  Yeah, that's what I do with my time and money; instead of buying new shoes for myself I'll get a new outfit for Barbie or Licca-chan or one of my ball-jointed dolls.  Such is the case today, with this outfit.
This is from a new, slightly odd-looking line of dolls called Kuu Kuu Harajuku.  Miss Emily reviewed one of the dolls, and while I've been tempted to get one myself, I haven't.  I got VERY curious about the cute little extra outfits though, with their bright colors and cheerful little accessories.  But I didn't make my decision until a few nights ago when I was rooting through one of my storage crates for Throwback Thursday fodder.  I ended up unearthing my old Pepper Parson doll, buried under a mass of arms and legs and hair.  Any of y'all remember her??? 
Pepper and her canine cronies have been discontinued for quite some time and she is indeed being considered for a Throwback Thursday review, but I also noticed something else.  Pep is a small doll, too small to share clothes with Barbie and most of my other fashion dolls, but still too large to share clothes with my smaller dolls like Lime Chiffon.  I've found a handful of things that can fit her (Lalaloopsy Girls and Vi and Va items work well), but a handful isn't much.  Also problematic is Yasmin, my Bratz Kidz doll.
I had to jump on eBay to find clothes for Yasmin, but at least she isn't running around in her skivvies anymore, and at least there are items available on eBay (there's not much available for Pepper).  These two can't share each other's clothes, by the way.  Usually I test that out when I have two dolls facing a similar problem, but Pepper is at least a head taller than Yasmin so I'm not going to bother.

I think y'all know where I'm going with this.  There are five extra outfits and it was hard to choose just one, but I picked the unicorn-themed outfit because polka dots and unicorns, that's why!  Normally this would be where I review this outfit, but it's already on the dolls and I don't want to drag it off again.  I'll fill the review part in at a later date, because it IS worthy of a review.  But for now, let's see how it looks on my girls.  Yasmin goes first.
I got most of this on Yasmin.  The headband proved to be too big for her head (surprising!) and the bracelets were too small, but the rest of this outfit fits.  The dress is too big in the bodice, but that's not obvious from the picture.  The hardest part was threading the armholes of the dress and the sleeves of the jacket over Yasmin's hands and arms; Yasmin's fingers are splayed and don't bend any, so getting the sleeves on her was tricky.  I'm not delighted about the fit of the boots either, though Yasmin CAN wear them.  Since Yasmin lacks proper feet I had to shove her leg-stubs into the boots as far as they'd go.  The stubs didn't go to the bottom of the shoe, by the way.  They're too wide at the bottom.  I do like how these boots enable Yasmin to stand better though.  So these clothes are a safe bet for Yasmin...or at least this particular outfit is.  Remember that some outfits from the same line don't always fit Yasmin properly due to her small body.

Now it's Pepper's turn.  My Facebook friends preferred the look on Pepper, but I'm not sure if it was because I was able to use all the pieces, or if it's because Pepper is always so darn cute.
Pep is the opposite of Yasmin, with this outfit being a little on the tight side.  Indeed, I almost didn't get this dress over her hips, despite the fact that Pepper is not anywhere near as hippy as some of my other dolls.  I also had a difficult time fastening the Velcro, but as y'all can see it was worth the effort.  Pepper's dinky little feet slide into these shoes, and unlike Yasmin's stubs they go all the way in.  It did take some gentle pushing, but nothing ridiculously hard.  Threading Pepper's paws through those narrow little sleeves was also tricky, but not as hard as it was with Yasmin.  To top it all off, Pepper can wear the headband.  The fit is imperfect; notice the small bit of space between her head and the bow, but Pepper CAN wear this, and she can wear it without stretching it out, unlike the Vi and Va headbands that I once tried on her.  With all that factoring in I rule these clothes a good fit for Pinkie Cooper dolls, provided one has the patience to slide these dresses over their hips.  Seriously, that takes a little time and effort, so be careful and don't pull on the dress too hard.  Oh yes, the dress is also short on Pepper...but it's short on the Kuu Kuu Harajuku dolls too, so no biggie.

I guess I should've reread Miss Emily's review, because the review clearly shows her doll G wearing Pepper Parsons' dress AND Pinkie Cooper's dress with aplomb.  That should've tipped me off right then and there that my little Pepper could wear one of these dresses.  Now I'm excited to grab the others...and I'd probably best do it soon, because we all know how Mattel tends to forget about any toy that isn't Barbie!

Blessings,
RagingMoon1987

5 comments:

  1. I love harajuku fashion. If I wasn't almost 50 and overweight, I'd consider wearing it myself. I guess it's good that I have dolls to wear it for me. I don't know that I have any dolls that would fit the Kuu-Kuu Harajuku stuff, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I know what it's like to be heavy, because I'm fighting the Battle of the Bulging Gut myself! I too have to live through my dolls, because even if I were slimmer some of those kawaii and lolita clothes cost PLENTY!!! I really couldn't give you any advice on who might be able to wear those clothes since Yasmin and Pepper were the only two I tried, but Equestria Girls might work if you've got any of those.

      Delete
    2. I just recently purchased a Pinkie Cooper doll, but Pepper is so precious! I really hope to get my paws on her sometime. ♥

      Delete
  2. I just recently purchased a Pinkie doll but Pepper is so precious, I hope to get my hands on her someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were super-cute little dolls. I think Bridge Direct did a dumb thing by not letting the line live a few more months.

      Delete