Looking for something?

Saturday, August 5, 2017

About a blue-haired fairy...

In a semi-recent post I griped about a lack of fantasy hair colors among ethnic dolls.  Oh sure, they're out there.  Mattel has plenty, but they're the type that have specialized bodies and rebodying a doll of color can be a pain in the patootie.  So I created a post griping about that and other things, and wouldn't you know, I went to Wal-Mart tonight and found this!
Do my eyes deceive me, or is that a doll of color with hair of color???  Yes indeed, I saw this young lady peering out at me from a rack of Sparkle Girlz, and I just had to have her.   Her hair is blue all over, too!  It's not just a few streaks.
The rack had several of these fairy dolls, every single one was different...and almost all of them were black with some sort of fantasy hair color.  I regrettably did not photograph the others, but one had orange hair, one had lavender hair, and one had black hair with royal blue streaks in it.  The white dolls were equally fun to behold, but they didn't make as big an impression on me.

I hope that Funville will keep making dolls with color combos like this, because this one looks fantastic.  Now she needs a name and a proper review!

Cheers,
RagingMoon1987

6 comments:

  1. Great post! I've seen these at my Walmart as well and I'm so glad to see dolls of color with so many fun choices. I really like the one you got! I'm heading to Walmart tomorrow, so I may have to take another look, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all super cute. As far as I was concerned there wasn't a loser in the bunch. These new dolls have more character in the face than the older ones do, so they're worth your time.

      Delete
    2. You got that right! And the clothes aren't permanently attached either.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! These Sparkle Girlz have gotten better over the years, I think. Now if only they had clicky knees...

      Delete