Looking for something?

Monday, August 10, 2015

Playing Dolly Doctor: Rapunzel, Merida, and Yasmina

Since I touched on these three in my last post, I thought I'd make them the next victims of THE PLASTIC BAG OF DOOM.  They are, from left, Magic Night Out Yasmina Clairvoya, Rapunzel from "Tangled," and Merida from "Brave."
Rapunzel and Merida both had some crud on their faces, so they've already been washed some in this picture.  Rapunzel was fortunate enough to have her dress buried in the pile of dolls, but Merida and Yas weren't.  Naked or no, I'm thrilled to have these three aboard.  I've wanted a Merida doll ever sense the movie "Brave" came out (never mind that I've never seen it), and I love Yasmina's hair color!  Since it's short, I didn't have to put up with tangles like I did with my first-wave Meygana.  Rapunzel, on the other hand, promised to be a living nightmare.  She's got almost a foot of hair, and eleven inches of it were tangled.  Merida has curly hair, so she may only need a night in THE PLASTIC BAG OF DOOM to get it to behave.  I've done that with two other curly-haired Barbie dolls, and both times their curls came out perfect.  Just don't brush.  Finger-comb while the hair is slippery with conditioner, but don't brush.

Here's how these fine ladies look now.
Yasmina has a few gimmicks that made me hesitant to put her in a damp plastic bag overnight, so I just washed her hair.  Rapunzel's rat's nest required a braid to keep it under control, and I may do something even more drastic if I can't get it looking the way I want it to.  As for Merida...well, my prediction turned out to be right.  Dipping her head in some conditioner brought those curls back to life, and now she looks like she should.  I'm only sorry that I don't have a proper dress to put her in; she may get something handmade for a change of pace.

Rapunzel, however, does have a proper dress.  Don't believe me?  Take a gander!
Yes, that is a small watermelon that she's sitting on.  I wanted to be creative.  Keep your eyes peeled for my third group!

Hugs and kisses,
RagingMoon1987

No comments:

Post a Comment