Looking for something?

Thursday, January 22, 2015

The current drama in my life (not doll related)

Yesterday I went for a routine eye exam, as all good LASIK patients should.  My right eye is very blurry, and I was expecting my doctor to say "Wear a contact lens in that eye," and that would be the end of it.  Wrong answer.  I told him that I've started having migraines, and he promptly dilated my eyes, looked at the backs, got a worried look on his face, and told me he needs to see me again VERY soon.  Apparently the pressure in my brain is high, and if it gets too high I'll go blind. 

Anywho, tomorrow I go back to Marion to have my eyes and my records and God-knows-what-else looked at.  If the doctor finds that I've always been this way and nothing has changed, then I should be good to go.  But if he finds out this is something new I get to pay the neurologist a visit and we go from there.  Did I mention that I don't have health insurance?  And that I absolutely refuse to resort to Obamacare?  And that if this turns out to be something serious then I can't buy my new house?  Yeah.  I'm not overly concerned yet; all that depends on how the visit tomorrow goes.  I just wanted to give y'all a heads up and ask for prayers.

Yours somewhat-nervously,
RagingMoon1987

2 comments:

  1. I will be thinking about you and hope that it is nothing serious. You know, my 18 year old daughter, when she was 5 had a scary eye issue too. The optician told me that she had an oddly shaped optical nerve cupping and that she it could mean that she would get glaucoma or go blind or both. We went to see an opthomologist who did many test and took pictures of the inside of her eyes and so on. After much worry, it turned out to be normal for her, but something to keep an eye on. We get special pictures of her eyes every year, but it has not change at all since she was 5 (13 years ago now!). She does have pretty bad eyesight corrected with contact lenses, but she is definitely not going blind! I wish you the best and will keep you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's somewhat consoling, because my doctor said it was the optic nerve that looked unusual. Nothing was wrong with the vascular system at the backs of my eyes, and my retinas are both normal. I can only imagine how scary that must've been for you as a mama, though! I appreciate the advice and the prayers big time. You'll likely know by this time tomorrow how it turns out.

      Delete