Looking for something?

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Still waiting...

Tom Petty wasn't kidding when he said that the waiting is the hardest part.  I ordered Ana Ming exactly one week ago today, and she still hasn't shown up.  There's no need to panic yet; the website said the shipment would take five to eight days.  The e-mail I received said that one day would be needed to process my order, another of those days was a Sunday, and the day after that Winter Storm Io hit and the area between Missouri and New Hampshire (where Carpatina is located) got covered in a fair amount of snow and ice.  So I'm not too concerned.  It's just that...well, I'M EXCITED!!!  I'm really looking forward to this; in addition to the doll I purchased three new dresses and a pair of shoes, and I'm looking forward to seeing them in person.

As much as I hate waiting you'd probably think that Ana Ming was the only one that I'm waiting for, but as of tonight, she's not.  Earlier this evening I ordered my first Tonner doll.
This is All Star Cami Basic, one of three dolls from this All Star line.  The Tonner website is now sold out of this doll, but I was able to reel her in from another online store.  In addition to Cami, there were also a brunette (Liu Liu) and an African-American (Jon) in the line; all three featured in one of the doll magazines that I like to read, but Cami stood out for a few reasons.  Firstly, I love her color palette:  pale hair and pale skin with bright red lips.  Secondly, I love her outfit and the colors it utilizes.  Thirdly (and most importantly), she has the Cami/Cinderella face.  I'd never even heard of this head mold until...you guessed it!  Miss Emily is fond of the Cami mold, and I do not blame her one bit.  The Cami face has a sort of neutrality that can project any emotion, and this adds a lot of versatility.  She's not snooty or arrogant-looking like the dolls from some other companies (no offense, Integrity!).  As an added little bonus, the particular Cami that I selected does not have inset eyes.  Miss Emily has experience with these inset-eye Camis, and if you read the post that I linked above then you know that she was justifiably displeased.  I'm aware that not all Cami dolls with inset eyes will have the problems that her dolls had, but when one orders online one can't examine the doll in person and pick one with straight eyes.  Luckily, my Cami shouldn't have this problem.

Cami should be here in a week or two, so I'm going to bundle up, settle down in my chair, and...well, wait!  In the meantime I still owe you reviews on several of my newer dolls.  I'm not going to review all of them, but several of them are definitely worthy of further scrutiny.  Heck, I already have a review on my Mooshka doll typed up!  I just can't haul my lazy derriere off the couch long enough to take pictures.  That will probably change tomorrow; it's supposed to rain, so unless something calamitous occurs I should have some time on my hands.

Cheers!
RagingMoon1987

No comments:

Post a Comment