Looking for something?

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

How I spent New Years' Eve

Hello all.  I wish all my followers and casual readers a happy new year.  I spent the afternoon with the family, eating Mexican food, talking, and watching the Twilight Zone marathon (a twice-a-year tradition for my family).  We also got a visit from Sister's ex-boyfriend...while New Boyfriend was in the house!  Yeah...that was awkward, but we didn't let it spoil our fun.  I think he was more uncomfortable than any of us were!

Oh yes, in between all of that I accomplished some dolly-related tasks.  Tommy and Sally, my two beat-up old composition dolls, also got in on the action.  I bought them some new pj's and they rang in the new year with me, right here on the couch.
Those are pajamas for human babies, by the way.  Both wear clothes sized from newborn up to six months, though Sally's pajamas are clearly too big.  I couldn't resist these, though; they both have a winter theme and might not be reintroduced next winter, so I grabbed 'em.  I also bought Sally a new dress, but I'm going to wait until Tommy has a new outfit as well.  It's so hard to find cute clothes for baby boys, though!!!  I paid a visit to Target three days ago and looked at the baby clothes there; they have a great selection for both boys and girls, but they wanted twenty bucks for a boy's sweater set!  I could buy three of these pajama sets at Wal-Mart for that price!  That sweater set was cute, though...cute enough that I might bite the bullet and get it for him anyway.

In addition to palling around with a pair of sixty-some-odd-year-old babies, I also made my first big doll-related purchase.  Up until now the most I paid for a doll was sixty dollars (she was a composition baby like Sally and Tommy, but comes in a full christening gown).  Not anymore.  Today I created a PayPal account and splurged.  This is who I got:
This is Ana Ming, a Carpatina doll.  Carpatina dolls are eighteen inches tall like American Girls, My Generation dolls, and Madame Alexander My Life dolls, but they are slimmer than any of those.  Miss Emily owns Erin, another of these dolls, and she highly rated both the doll and the clothes.  Or at least, she rated the Guinevere outfit highly.  The addition of steampunk-themed clothing sealed the deal for me (I dabble in the steampunk subculture and don't yet have a steampunk-themed doll), so in addition to Ana Ming I purchased the Baker Street dress and accessories, plus two other dresses that echo Ana Ming's oriental heritage.  They should be here in five to eight days, which is both a good thing and a bad thing.  It's a bad thing because I'm getting my left eye re-zapped on Friday, and Ana Ming could get here as early as next Monday (possibly even Saturday, but I'm not holding my breath for that one).  Eyes take awhile to heal after LASIK procedures, so cutting Ana Ming's box open may be a real trip.  However, the wait will also be a good thing because it gives me something to look forward to.  It'll also liven the month up; January, which comes on the heels of holiday-filled December, is usually pretty boring.  Nothing but a long swath of school and frigid weather.  Hmmm...if Ana Ming pleases me as much as I think she will, then I might make it a tradition to splurge on a fairly-expensive doll every New Years' Eve.

So, with that being said, I'll see you in five to eight days, possibly shorter if something really exciting happens, possibly longer if Ana Ming is somehow delayed.  I wish all of you a happy new year.  May God shower you with blessings, good health, and good fortune.

Love,
RagingMoon1987

No comments:

Post a Comment