Looking for something?

Sunday, October 20, 2024

Had enuff? Vote plastic!

What do y'all think?  Joie for President...
Fluff for VEEP...
...and Aurora for Speaker of the House!
What'll the slogan be, kids?
Joie:  Ah-CHOOO!!!
Aurora:  How original.

Poor Joie, I don't think that'll make an effective slogan.  I think y'all make a good team, though.  Hey, one can dream, right?  These three are all brainless like the politicians.
Joie:  Heyyyyy, don't compare us to those idiots!

Sorry, Joie.  Y'all are at least cute!  Oh my Lordy, I'm so DONE WITH ALL THIS POLITICAL CRAP, kinda like Joie is done with their wig.  I just wanna cast my vote, go home, crack a bottle of Snapple, and binge watch...hmmm, what show do I want to lose myself in this time?  I've done Forensic FilesBoohbah, Little Bear, Sailor Moon, and Seconds From Disaster...last January I randomly started watching The Brady Bunch, so I think they win the coin toss.  How about it, kids?  Y'all up for it?
Fluff:  I can get behind that!

Looks like The Brady Bunch it is!

Speaking of dolls and the Brady Bunch, two of the Brady girls dabbled in doll commercials before and after their stent on the show.  Maureen McCormick/Marcia Brady did at least two for Barbie (Twist 'n' Turn and Living Barbie), and there may be others that I'm forgetting.  As for Susan Olsen/Cindy Brady, she appeared in several commercials for Marx Sindy (here and here).  As I've discussed in the past, Marx's version of Sindy flopped and Barbie is going strong, through no fault of Susan Olsen.  Anyway, I thought that was cool.  I guess if Paul Revere and Louis Armstrong can sell toys, so can the Brady Bunch.

This is gonna be a DIRRTY election, kids!  I'll spare y'all my opinions on Kamala Harris, lest I start a firestorm, and to be fair I'm not smitten with the Donald either.  He keeps shooting his big mouth off...kinda like me, LOL.  I'm gonna do my civic duty and vote, but after that I plan on going home, popping open that Snapple, and going on that Brady Bunch binge.  As for my dear dollies...sigh, I don't think their campaign is gonna get 'em far, but they've got the votes of all my other dolls.

Love,
RagingMoon1987 

5 comments:

  1. Regarding the brainlessness of politicians, calling them stupid (to quote Jamie Lee Curtis in A Fish Called Wanda) "would be an insult to stupid people." These days, it often feels like voting is less about choosing the best candidate and more about choosing the lesser of two evils. It's too bad that the only people who can afford to run for office are either the people who are financially backed/bought off by special interest groups, or the super-rich elite who often seem out of touch with what life is like for everyday people. To quote the political-satire group Capitol Steps, "I want a brand-new pair of candidates."
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my grandfather used to say that voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil. We are screwed either way, I figure.

      Delete
  2. I'm fond of saying that voting in the US these days is like that one scene from Pirates of the Caribbean, where Jack Sparrow demands someone find him the undead monkey so he can shoot it, is told that shooting it does no good, and simply replies "well, it does me."

    Voting does no good, but at least I can feel like I tried. =p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bingo. I feel like if I don't at least try then I have no right to complain.

      Delete