Looking for something?

Friday, September 20, 2024

Comeback!

Yep, I'm back with another fluff post.  I figure some of y'all were growing weary of my ongoing obsession with Cabbage Patch Kids, hence the glut of brief posts about other dolls.  I thought the Shibajuku Girls were a thing of the past, but a post on Reddit proved that wasn't the case.  As with a great many of my dolls, my Shibajuku Girl Shizuka hasn't been in the blog for quite some time.  Indeed, these are reused pictures.
Shibajuku Girls were available in 2016 and 2017, and they were here and gone before one could blink, but they developed...oh, I'd say their following was respectable.  Clearly it was respectable enuff that Hunter Products is giving the dolls another go.  Apparently this rerelease has been going on for about a year now, but the dolls themselves are just now hitting stores.  And because I'm a super mondo DOLT I had no idea until I saw the dolls on Reddit.  The new Shibas are anime-themed, and their dresses have a strong lolita vibe as well.  Their faces look a LOT like Pullip faces, more so than my Shizuka's face does.
I couldn't help but have a nervous laugh at one of the dolls' names.  Her name is Akira, and Akira is the name of an animated Japanese film that is...decidedly NOT for children.  Not bad for adult fans of Japanese animation, but not for the kiddies.  Anyway, another of the characters is dominantly pink like Shizuka, and yet another is black and yellow.  The black and yellow one is my favorite...and now watch her be the hardest one to find, just like Luna!

A couple'a y'all stated back in the day that Shibajuku Girls might've found their footing if they'd been introduced a year or so later.  Well, it's FOUR years later, and I reviewed my doll after the line was discontinued.  Maybe now they've got a snowball's chance...and maybe they don't.  As usual, it'll be interesting to see.  I personally am hoping for some new threads for Shizuka; one of the things I loved about the fashions was the mix-and-match aspect.  So we'll see!

Think pink,
RagingMoon1987

No comments:

Post a Comment