Looking for something?

Monday, October 23, 2023

Four little surprises

I freaking love surprises.  Big surprises, little surprises, doesn't matter.  I like to give 'em, and I like to receive 'em.  So y'all can imagine my delight when Coworker A handed me a Wal-Mart bag on Saturday and said "Got something for ya!"  Inside the bag were four of those little Happy Meal Barbies.
Yeah, they were in their bags, but I care naught about resale value so I opened 'em.  Soccer Barbie is the only one who's actually Barbie.
Barbie has five joints and can attach to her stand.  The ball she's "kicking" moves a little.
I owned this one when I was younger, to the amusement of the church bully.  Oh, what I would've given to knock that prick's teeth out.  Eff you, Eric; I'm glad you're rotting in jail.

Moving on, this next one is Teresa.  Specifically, she's Chair Flair Teresa.
Teresa doesn't have hip joints, so she can't sit.  Good thing she's got a stand.
I had a couple with frozen legs like that.  NBD.  Teresa was always one of my favorite Barbie friends, by the way.  She wasn't blonde, and she didn't have the Asha face, which I never cared much for.  That said, I do love Christie, and she's the next doll.  The baggie said "Pet Lovin' Barbie," but I'm calling her Christie.
Christie is one of Barbie's oldest friends, making her debut during the TNT era in the late sixties.  My Christie's legs are frozen like Teresa's, and she comes with both a stand and her wuppy dog.
I wonder if this was the dog that ate its own turds?  Barbie had one like that.

Lastly, we return to the Roberts family with Bowling Party Stacie.
Poor ol' Stacie...she bowled and skateboarded during the "It's a great time to be a girl" era, but she never caught on like Skipper and particularly Kelly did.  But I loved this particular doll, with her cute outfit and her sparkly ball.  The American Girls had a sparkly bowling ball too right around this time, so I've got a soft spot for brightly colored bowling balls. 
Once again Stacie has frozen legs, but again it's no biggie because her stand is a bowling lane.
The ball slides down and hits its target like so.
Pretty darn cute.  I never did get a chance to try bowling, and that kinda irks me because it looks like fun.  Malden's alley sadly closed before I was strong enuff to manipulate the ball.  LOL, didn't stop trying to play with Uncle From St. Louis's ball, though!  LOL, he laughed so hard at my three-year-old self monkeying with his ball that I thought he'd collapse. 

I wish I'd hugged my coworker for giving me such a gift!  Can y'all believe she was apologetic that she didn't have more of 'em?  Four is just fine!  I need to think of something nice to do for her now.

Cheers,
RagingMoon1987 

2 comments:

  1. Me and my sisters had a mini Barbie suitcase full of these things that we all shared when we were growing up. Since there were very few Kens made for McDonalds, we used The Prince from a Disney Snow White themed line of McDonalds toys as an additional male character when we played with these. The Prince came with a white horse that he could ride.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love these. You could slip them into your pocket and carry 'em anywhere, and no one would bug you about carrying a doll around.

      Delete