Looking for something?

Sunday, November 14, 2021

Sunday randomness: Skelita and Pix

Today's image dates back to 2014, around this time of year.

At the time both Monster High and Lalaloopsy were a thing, and the dolls pictured are Art Class Skelita Calaveras (whom I didn't review) and Pix E. Flutters (whom I did review).  I just thought they looked cute on top of Mama's couch (I was living with her at the time).

November 17th is D-Day for both Mama and a second or third cousin of mine.  Mama will be seeing the oncologist to see how her bloodwork reads, and we'll be going from there.  She's been a-drinkin' the water to rehydrate herself, and I'm still praying that that's all it is.  My opinions on cancer have never been high, but they are at an all-time low right now, with Mama's cousin being sick and inoperable, and two of my favorite ex-teachers being sick, and Graeme Edge being dead...<wails and gnashes teeth>...NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  Ahem...Second-or-Third Cousin does NOT have cancer, but he hasn't exactly had a fun year either.  He is (or was) a baseball player, and back in the spring he got plugged in the eye by a baseball.  He kept the eye, but the ball did a number on it and the doctors are STILL trying to determine how much vision he'll regain in that eye, if any.  He's had multiple surgeries and procedures and has been in a lot of pain, so we're hoping that this last surgery will be it.  The surgery is to close a hole in his retina and hopefully return his center of vision.  His peripheral vision in that eye is fine, he says, so maybe closing that hole will help.  I'm hopin' and prayin' for the best for both Mama and Second-or-Third Cousin.

Love,
RagingMoon1987

2 comments:

  1. They considered that eye surgery for Dad, so I'm familiar with it. He'll have to sit with his head down for a couple of weeks while a gas bubble they introduce into the eye pushes against the site, holding it closed for healing. Can't even lift the head. That's why the surgery was out for Dad, who had dementia, especially Sundowners, and was everywhere doing everything at night. Good wishes for your mom and cousin. I hope all turns out well. I was never into most of the Monster High lot, but I love Lalaloopsies of all sorts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'd forgotten to mention that my second-or-third cousin is gonna have to hold his head still. He's taking it all in stride, but if it were me I'd be freaking out! I'll keep y'all posted!

      Delete