Looking for something?

Sunday, April 4, 2021

Sunday randomness: Adamsaurus Rex and Lucille Ball

It's been awhile since I did one of these random posts on a Sunday, so here's one for you.  Take it or leave it, LOL.  But seriously, here it is the day before Easter and we've had two nights in a row below freezing.  One of my favorite patrons calls it blackberry winter, and I have to agree with him.  I HATE blackberry winter as it usually kills off my tulips and Bader's peach blossoms, but it did give me a chance to bundle my little Adam up in his brand-new Gerber outfit!

Back when I was still in college, a fellow church member, a woman who had both a son and a daughter, stated her opinion that baby girls were more fun to dress than baby boys.  I'm not sure I agree!  Girls are certainly easier to dress, but with boys the search for That Perfect Outfit can be a lot of fun...or a lot of frustration, take your pick.  Finding cute things for boys is certainly rewarding, though!  Anyway, Mama says that Adam looks like a real baby in his new outfit.  Most of the babies I've known refuse to wear a hat, but other than that Adam does look pretty real.  I've been calling him Adamsaurus Rex!  And make note of him, because he's as close to a real baby as I'm gonna have...until a reborn doll moves in, LOL.  Those things are pretty stinkin' real!  Adam is realistic enough, but not as realistic as some reborns can be.

I can't thank Tam enough for selling this little chap to me.  He truly is a gem in my collection with his charismatic face and his lifelike size and weight.  Thank you, Tam!  And thank you to my dear mother for getting me this for Easter!

Mama spoils me so!  This particular doll ties in with a post I made a million years ago about another Lucille Ball doll, but unlike "Lucy Does a T.V. Commercial" I had no idea that "The Audition" even existed!  My modus operandi for in-box dolls is usually to debox them, and indeed I'm dying to see if this Lucy's tightly bent knees are jointed.  But I'm going to leave her as she is for now since she's so perfect.  Look what Wal-Mart was asking for her at one point!

Before all was said and done she got marked down twice.  

Almost half-price!  I wouldn't have complained about that back in the day!  Regardless of what she once cost she's mine now!  Thank you so much, Mama! 

Happy Easter,
RagingMoon1987 

7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that I didn't see your previous post in a timely manner. I hope things are looking a little better for you now. It's funny that you mentioned pharmacy technician, as my daughter currently works as one for a large chain pharmacy. She likes the job well enough, except for rude customers.

    Congratulations on the new dolls. I heard Mattel is bringing another I Love Lucy doll out this year, but I haven't seen any specifics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lordy, you'll run into rude customers everywhere! I've decided to stick it out with library science, since I'll have the freedom to go anywhere I want in the country, but I'm keeping my options open.

      Oh goody, I love the sound of a revival of the "I Love Lucy" line. I forget how many dolls there were in that series, but it was fun to look at them all.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you're enjoying your baby! I always loved dressing our kids, both the male and the female. I love old fashioned clothes,(and everything else!), so there was a lot of smocking! Fuzzy and I both loved a red flannel sailor suit with blue trim, and Fuzz also wore a lot of bibbed overalls and striped t shirts. Emma and Ivy both had wool coats with velvet collars and matching hats and muffs. I would have gotten one of those old style coat and hat sets for Fuzz too if I could have found the boy version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's face it, babies are awesome no matter whether they are boys or girls! Clothes are just a bonus. And oh, smocking! Comfortable AND cute, perfect for little ones.

      Delete
  3. LOL, nope, my cousins are all well out of babyhood, though they were adorable during their baby days. When I do unbox Lucy I'll let y'all know what her knees are like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Lucy....she's one I haven't seen before...but, it's hard to imagine Nicole Kidman channeling all of her zaniness! Fun post, and all your babies are adorable! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole Kidman will probably do the best she can, but I agree: there was only one Lucille Ball! I'd never seen this doll before either, making her that much more of a surprise!

      Delete