Looking for something?

Saturday, July 6, 2019

Coworker B's unique teddy bear

Who doesn't love a good teddy bear?  LOL, most likely if I hadn't gotten so hot and heavy into dolls I'd be a teddy bear collector instead, but...Lordy, I need two large collections like I need a hole in my head.  This teddy bear isn't mine anyway.  He belongs to Coworker B and is about as original as a teddy bear can get.
Here in Malden there resides a woman named Kelly York Smothers, and she makes teddy bears out of shirts.  I think T-shirts are what she dominantly works with, but she might be able to work with other fabrics as well.  She doesn't add eyes, but that's really the only thing I don't like about these bears, and eyes are easy to add so no big deal.  Anyway, Coworker B is a live-strong, die-hard Cardinals fan like most of us here in the Bootheel are, and she coughed up one of her T-shirts for Miss Kelly to make this bear.  She tells me that the shirt once had Yadier Molina's name on it, but now it's Mr. Bear here!  If he were mine I'd probably name him Yadi Bear.

Hmmm...I think I need to dig up some of my old outgrown T-shirts and see if Miss Kelly will make me a bear!  They run about thirty bucks, not bad for something that's custom-made.

Cheers and cuddles,
RagingMoon1987

2 comments:

  1. Huh, teddy bears as t-shirt recycling is a solid idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! I didn't even think of it that way.

      Delete