Looking for something?

Sunday, March 17, 2019

Coincidence, I promise!!!

Another Barbie post.  With it being Barbie's birthmonth and all I'll be hitting the Queen of the Dolls pretty hard over the remainder of March.  In Wal-Mart there currently exists this Barbie, the pop star, a member of the career line.
Cute.  I like this doll a lot, with her side-glancing eyes, her purple hair, and her holographic skirt.  She's got a super-cute face, like she actually is singing.
Now it's time for the coincidence!  I, RagingMoon1987, do solemnly swear that this is indeed a coincidence!  Y'all will have to take my word for it.  I went digging around in my Barbie bin and came up with Annika, my old Fashionista #18, Va-Va-Violet.  Usually she wears a striped top and a green skirt, but shortly after I bought her I dressed her in a couple of separates.
A sparkly top, a holographic skirt, and purple hair.  Once again, I swear that I dressed Annika like this before I ever even saw Pop Star Barbie.  I love how similar these two are, though!  If I weren't saving a spot for the two new Fashionistas that I like, then I'd get the pop star instead and Annika could be her backup!

By the way...oh good Lord, I can't get all the gel out of Annika's hair!!!  Mattel's stock photos of this doll show her with a soft, loose bob, but when I got Annika out of the box her hair was rock-hard.  I've washed this hair five times in the three years that I've owned her, and her hair is still gommed up.  She's still a fun doll to have, though!

Oh yes, and y'all will have to pinch me, because I'm only now remembering that it's St. Patrick's Day.  Funny, I love green, and yet very few of my dolls wear it.

Happy St. Patrick's Day,
RagingMoon1987

6 comments:

  1. I like your doll's outfit better; that top on Popstar is so poorly made!

    Is it possible that your doll is suffering at all from glue head syndrome? I read a post online ages ago that suggested an interesting fix for glue head. She said, since natural oil on your fingers will hurt resin dolls, and since Barbie hair glue is resin, it occurred to her to try a small amount of baby oil in Barbie hair, and that seemed to work. She did have to use a bunch of Dawn dish detergent to get the oil out afterwards, though. I've been meaning to blog about this, because it has seemed to make a difference for me, but I haven't cleaned a doll's head completely through yet. I'm bad about keeping my side of the bathroom sink clean, and don't always have a lot of space to wash dolly hair. Anyway, I want to say the blogger with the idea was No Nap Time, but I couldn't find it with a quick search. I have the link to the idea saved somewhere. Maybe the baby oil/Dawn technique might help Annika?

    Your blog has green, so that counts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually did consider the glue head possibility, yes. Annika's head is hard so that would make sense. I have never heard of the baby oil idea, and I think it's worth a shot. Heck, I'll do anything to keep that crud from leeching onto the other dolls' dresses. Thanks for the tip!

      Sad face, I did notice that the pop star's top was poorly made. Since she's a pop star I guess she could've gone topless. As nutty as this world is I doubt anyone would've said anything.

      Delete
  2. I have this doll! I love her expression and her lavender hair. Back in Dec. I think it was, Tuesday Morning had an ad saying all the Barbies in the store were on sale. So I went to check it out and they had a bunch of Barbie stuff I’d never seen before - including this girl. I thought she was really cute and a good price, so I brought her home with me. Her outfit is cheaply made, though mine’s top doesn’t look as bad as this one. I did redress her though and she currently lives in my daughter’s room with her other “musical” barbies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree, that expressive face is a winner! I'll bet your doll looks great redressed.

      Delete
  3. Oh she's great RM, love the eyes and the hair. Pity she doesn't have a MTM body though, she would then be perfect.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I wish all the Fashionistas had the MTM body. It might cost Mattel more, but I think sales would offset the costs.

      Delete