Looking for something?

Saturday, December 8, 2018

Early Christmas crap

It seems like every year I post something for Christmas even though it's early.  In past years my Christmas-themed posts have been a month early, but in this case it's two and a half weeks.  I'll start with what I've received.  Yes, it's two and a half weeks away from Christmas, and I've already received my doll for the year.  Meet Matilda.
Matilda is a gift from First Uncle, and she came from the junk shop in House Springs, Missouri, just like my birthday trio did.  She came complete with her box, but all her box read was..."porcelain doll" in fancy script.  No word on a name or a maker, none of that.  Thus Matilda will join my legion of porcelain dolls of ambiguous ancestry, dolls that are derided by some collectors as junk but remain special to me because they were gifts.  Once upon a time my grandmother performed this duty, but now that she's gone I guess First Uncle has decided to step in.  See what a pretty face Matilda has?
From receiving to giving now.  There has to be a first time for everything, and last week was the first time I got a duplicate Li'l Outrageous Little.  I ordered a Glam Glitter pod off eBay and got a metallic version of It Baby, and then when the Glam Glitter series FINALLY started showing up at the local Wal-Mart I...ended up with another It Baby.  Both It Babies have all their pieces unlike my poor little Spice does, but I digress.  I was considering going the customization route with my spare It Baby until I ran into a young patron at the library who LOVES these Li'l Outrageous Littles.  Her winter coat is covered with them, and she has asked her grandparents for one of the big pods (one of the ones that I've been tempted by but can't afford).  So fairly long story short, this little girl is getting my spare It Baby.  It Baby has thus been hanging out at the library with me, waiting for her new owner to come.
I love these Glam Glitter dolls!  They're sparkly, but they're not drowning in glitter like the Glitter Series was.  At the same time the chance for duplicates is higher since there are fewer characters available, and there's also unfortunately that chance that pieces may be missing.  And since I've started complaining...have y'all seen the new dollhouse for the Littles???  It appears to be a nice dollhouse, full of surprise furniture and two exclusive characters, and the house itself appears to be made of wood...but it's two hundred bucks!!!!!!!!!!!  Heck, I could make my own dollhouse for half that price with scraps of plywood or a cardboard box!  It wouldn't last as long, but one could play the same kinds of games in it.  Good grief.

That's my random commentary for the day.  See y'all very soon!

Much love,
RagingMoon1987

2 comments: