Looking for something?

Friday, January 22, 2016

A message to the newcomer

Dear Johnny,

I don't know you yet, and you don't know me, but sometime in the near future you and I will become housemates.  You and I will be the only ball-jointed dolls in the house, so I think it would be good if we got acquainted.  My name is Ju-hwang.  I'm from South Korea, and my journey took a month and a half.  It was tiring, so I advise you to be well-rested for your journey, wherever you're coming from.  I believe Lady Moon told me you were coming from China.  That's not far from where I came from, but it's a long way from where I am now.

I've seen your stock photos online.  I do hope you won't take this as an attempt to flirt, but you look quite handsome.  Lady Moon and I both hope that you look as good in person as you do in your pictures.  I myself am a little funny looking.  I'm a Hujoo Berry, which means I'm on the short side.  I've got a big head with very big eyes, and a comparatively small body.  I'm also orange.  See?
Some of my kinfolk are blue or purple or naturally colored like you are.  Since I'm unnaturally colored I like unnaturally colored wigs and eyes.  Right now I'm wearing my blue and green wig and my blue Oscar eyes, but tomorrow I might be wearing my purple wig and a pair of copper eyes with butterflies.  The Oscar eyes make me look a little spacey, but they're very comfortable and good for seeing in the dark.  I highly recommend a pair, and Lady Moon says that when she knows what your eye color is, she'll get an Oscar pair to match.

As you likely saw from my above picture, it's quite cold here.  Nighttime temperatures have been in the teens, and there has been snow.  A lot of snow, in fact.  As I don't know exactly when you will arrive, I advise you to bring both a coat and a sweater.  If your arrival falls in February or early March, you will most likely need the coat.  If your arrival falls between mid-March and early April, it would be wise to wear the sweater.  You need not worry about warm weather attire, as Lady Moony has commissioned a yukata for you to wear.  It has not arrived yet, but the lady who is making it also made some nice things for me to wear.  Thus I predict your yukata will be quite nice.  It should be perfect for summertime, and last summer was quite hot!

In addition to the yukata, Lady Moon has ordered a wig and some things from Luts that she mysteriously refers to as "trinkets."  She knows what she got you, but I don't, so I can't tell you with any certainty what's coming from Luts.  I do know that the trinkets and the wig were both shipped this past week, so they should be here any day.  Lady Moon predicts that the nasty winter weather will probably slow the items down, particularly since one item has to come from Indiana.  Last we heard the border between Kentucky and Indiana was getting hit hard with snow.  The Luts items are very close, though.  They're close enough that they might get here tomorrow.  I'm certainly very curious to see what the lady has got for you.

I guess that's all I've got to say for now.  I hope to see you soon!

Love,
Kim Ju-hwang

No comments:

Post a Comment